- July 31: Government Looks Into Harmon Kardon Radios After Jeep Hack
- July 29: Remington Walden Jeep Crash Verdict Upheld by Judge
- July 24: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles After Jeep Hacking Incident
- July 21: Hackers Take Control of a Jeep Cherokee, And it Ain't Pretty
- July 4: NHTSA: Fiat Chrysler Didn't Do Its Job in 23 Recalls
2014 Jeep Patriot
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Jeep Patriot
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Jeep Patriot by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Jeep service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Jeep customer service.
2014 Jeep Patriot ENGINE NHTSA Campaign #13V552000
Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2013 Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200, and model year 2014 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles equipped with 2.4L engines. Due to abrasive debris in the balance shaft bearings, these engines may have a loss of engine oil pressure, possibly resulting in an engine stall or engine failure.
Consequence: If the engine stalls while driving it may increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the engine balance shaft module, free of charge. The recall began on December 24, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N52. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V552000 »