- July 22: Chrysler Recalls 792,000 Jeeps For Ignition Switch Problems
- July 19: Chrysler Lawsuit Filed After Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire
- July 17: Jeep Trailer Hitch "Fix" Will Take 2 Years to Complete
- July 11: Chrysler Recalls 895,000 SUVs After Vanity Lights Catch Fire
- June 18: Chrysler Under Investigation For Alleged Ignition Switch Defects
2014 Jeep Patriot
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Jeep Patriot
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2014 Jeep Patriot by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Jeep service shop immediately!
2014 Jeep Patriot ENGINE NHTSA Campaign #13V552000
Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2013 Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200, and model year 2014 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles equipped with 2.4L engines. Due to abrasive debris in the balance shaft bearings, these engines may have a loss of engine oil pressure, possibly resulting in an engine stall or engine failure.
Consequence: If the engine stalls while driving it may increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the engine balance shaft module, free of charge. The recall began on December 24, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N52. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V552000 »