2014 Jeep Patriot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Dec 032015

Vehicle involved in a head on collision combined impact of about 40 mph. Driver ended up out of seat draped over steering wheel. Physical exam of driver showed bruise on left clavicle area indicating shoulder strap was in use. Driver suffered severe contusion and possible fracture of sternum. Incident took place on December 3rd, 2015. Accident report available from waukesha county sheriff's department. Intersection of elmhurst and northview.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Jun 062015

Our seat belt light started to mess up in June 2015, we took it to the service department and after they tried two switches I was told that it could not be fixed and that all 2014 Jeep Patriots do this! if you pull the seat belt out an inch from home position the light goes off, when you actually have it clicked it will still beep at you telling you that your not wearing your seat belt! we have only had this Jeep since Feb. 2014 and purchased it brand new! it will not pass inspection on base, so technically we are not even suppose to be driving this unsafe Jeep that can't be fixed! all 2014 Jeep Patriots do not do this, I know a couple of people who purchased a Jeep Patriot within a month or two from my purchase. Now the seat belt light will stay off even without me wearing my seat belt! I have tried contacting isg, NHTSA, Chrysler service and cannot reach anyone about my safety issue!

- Raeford, NC, USA