2014 Jeep Patriot wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Oct 142014

Patriot

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Patriot. While idling at a stop light, the vehicle jerked forward and in reverse. In addition, the vehicle had steam coming from the hood, there was an abnormal odor, and the tire pressure warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure had occurred approximately three times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 25,069.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Oct 282015

Patriot

First day, I drove out of dealer, with my new Jeep Patriot, a rolling noise was coming from my wheels, never in other autos I herd, such a loud bearing noise, as I drive. I thought it was normal, but I had to close my windows, thinking that it will help. As time goes, with 30,000 miles is getting worse!,it sounds like a thous old metal skate boards, with metal rolling wheel bearings. I turned off my engine, I put car in neutral, coast down in a down sloped street, and the laud bearing noise is there. I jack my car up, with my floor jack, put stands, turned wheels by hand, no bearing noise!.start engine, while in jacks, put in drive, noise and jerk at 25 mph.

- 2639 1/4 Huron St., CA, USA

Jun 032015

Patriot

This vehicle is equipped with metal chromed lug nut covers which are pressed onto the lug nuts. Twice now after a tire rotation and having all 4 wheels removed and reinstalled these lug nut caps have come flying off. Once when speeds were 45mph+ the other at 70mph. Due to having my arm out the window I was struck by one of these caps and was cut and bruised. Dealer has replaced the affected lug nuts but they are replacing them with the same defective lug nuts used at the factory. 2 times now after tire rotation this has occurred where several of these caps have come flying off of the vehicle. Dealer keeps replacing them and I have contacted Chrysler to inform them of the issue and desire to have the lug nuts replaced with solid nuts. Chrysler and the dealer have so far refused to replace these defective lug nuts with anything other than the same faulty ones. As these are ejected from the vehicle at high speeds the concern is that bystanders could be severely injured if struck by one of these caps, and or significant damage to other vehicles, or property.

- Bemidji, MN, USA

Sep 212015

Patriot

A good year Eagle tire exploded. These tires were on my Jeep when I bought it 2 years ago. I have since learned that this has happened many times to many drivers. Two of the tire dealers in my area refuse to sell that model tire due to such problems. I have contacted brighton Chrysler in brighton Michigan to alert them to the problem. I have as yet to call Chrysler or good year, but I intend to find out who put these tires on my car, and report this problem. This could cause injuries or death and result in a class action lawsuit. There are a great many reviews on the internet reporting problems with good year tires of this, and other models.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Aug 012015

Patriot

Vibration while driving on hw then car was shifting checked and found tie rod end was lose almost going to brake having lose tie rod put the life of driver and all in the car at high risk I came to know that this is common problem in Jeep cars

- Garland, TX, USA