2015 Jeep Patriot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Patriot:

2015 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Aug 022016

Patriot

On multiple occasions I have had trouble starting the Jeep. It appears to have power but the engine light comes on and the car won't start. I have taken it to the dealership for repair several times but they have been unable to accurately diagnose and repair the problem. The electrical problems are now getting worse. The Jeep has completely lost power while running and I've have also experience problems with unlocking the door. The throttle control warning has starting coming in during some of these episodes. Despite numerous attempts to resolve these issues through the dealership and directly through Chrysler, I still have a vehicle that is completely unsafe to drive. I have made the issues I'm experiencing well known. This vehicle should not be driven until the electrical problems are completely resolved. I'm shocked that Jeep/Chrysler would allow such an unsafe vehicle on the road.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Feb 012016

Patriot

2015 Jeep Patriot high altitude; complete power loss while driving @ 45 mph. Vehicle shut down and lost all power while in motion. While driving straight down a local road, my vehicle shut off & lost all power. The radio went off, my dashboard warning lights illuminated, all gauges went down as if the vehicle was in park & not in use. This vehicle is a danger on the roads. Dealership has said vehicle, but will not reveal if vehicle is infact defective. I purchased this vehicle in June 2015, brand new. This vehicle has been to the dealership for repair nearly 10 seperate times. This vehicle is unsafe & shut off on me while moving. There are many reports of " engine failure " for the 2015 Jeep Patriot. My vehicle is one of many that is unsafe, and shut off while in motion. Extremely dangerous. Fca llc, should have all 2015 Patriot Jeep recalled. They are building dangerous & potentially life threatening vehicles. Fca must be held accountable for a recall. Dealership has possession of my vehicle & it will not be driven by myself until they can duplicate the engine failure.

- Little Falls, NJ, USA

Dec 072015

Patriot

The second to the last day of hunting season my husband. And I went up above our house, about 15 miles, we were in light snow, and I could not get the throttle to engage caused us to slide back a little again tried to use throttle to go, my husband saw a wisp of smoke on passenger side, I immediately turned the engine off, my husband looks under where the smoke came from and the rack N pinion boot where on fire, I popped the hood, flames were to hot for him to open the hood. I walked down the road to safety, as my husband got out what he could of our belongings out and into the snow bank. And in that few minutes the flames were inside the cab and windows were exploding, next the tires and the paint etc.....the spare tire also blew from the back of the car. My husband left before the gas tank blew if it did we don't know. We had to walk 15 miles soaking wet. We are both disabled with neck and back injuries. This Jeep is our only vehicle. I would like to request an investigation. What worries us is that had someone been confined by wheel chair or children in a car seat this would have been a deadly accident.

- Roslyn, WA, USA

Feb 262015

Patriot 4WD 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that the headlights, turn signals, horn, heated seating, and windshield wipers stopped working. The contact stated that the vehicle had been to the dealer four times, but the failure had not been repaired. The contact believed the issue was within the instrument cluster, but the dealer had not made that determination. The failure mileage was 3,000. MA 08/06/15 the consumer stated on November 22, 2015 he experienced the same recurring problem that was supposedly fixed the last several times it happened. Updated 12/07/15.

- Nuttly, NJ, USA

Feb 252015

Patriot

I bought this car in mid Feb, but only one week after purchasing, the car can not start and was towed to the dealer. The dealer said the totally integrated power module has experienced an short and they have to replace a new one. I waited one week and the car is still in the dealer. I do not know how long I still need to wait.

- Boston, MA, USA