5.0

2015 Jeep Patriot engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Patriot:

2015 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jul 172016

Patriot

While the vehicle was in motion, the car hesitated, lost speed, and then cut off (lost compression) while driving on the freeway. The engine indicator light never came on (beforehand) to alert that there was an engine problem. The passenger front tire loses air (constantly) and I've had to put air in the tire (since purchase date 3/13/15) every other week and the dealership keeps insisting there is nothing wrong with the vehicle.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Sep 052015

Patriot

September 4th 2015 I purchased a brand new 2015 Jeep Patriot it only had 10 miles on the odometer Sep 5th the second day of driving the vehicle I noticed the vehicle had acceleration problems it took a few seconds longer to accelerate after I stopped the car at the light getting off the ramp from the freeway I figured it was just a coincidence since the car was brand new over the days of driving I noticed that it was steady taking delay time to pick up speed as I accelerated from stopping at lights & stop sign on the other hand I did notice the brake system was lousy I had to stop early ahead of time in order for my vehicle to slow down and even stopping early sometimes didn't work I had to swerve out of the lane just to prevent myself from hitting another vehicle..I brought my vehicle in two weeks later to get my brakes inspected the guy told me that I just need to slow down a lil bit earlier before you usual have to stop.did really make a difference brake system is still lousy as F*** and to add insult to injury on September 24 I went to get my vehicle washed at kellys car wash I drove to the car wash put my car in neutral had all the windows rolled up tight and doors locked as I proceeded through the carwash everything was going fine until it was time to rinse water started coming from my dome light pouring on down into my air conditioning system and water started leaking from the right side passenger above the windshield I instantly panic as the vehicle was getting done through the carwash I pulled over and called my insurance company to file a claim & then called the dealership they told me to come in I came in they said that there was nothing they can do for me I will have to set an appointment so I set an appointment now I'm just waiting for my appointment to come on September 30 it rained & now my car has water spots on the passenger side above the dashboard

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Feb 062015

Patriot

On about January 15, 2015, less than 2 months after purchase and with less than 1500 miles, this vehicle accelerated out of control & I was unable to get it to respond by braking. The vehicle was brought to burdick Chrysler Jeep in cicero, NY where it was purchased & they were unable to properly diagnose/repair the vehicle & said there was nothing wrong with it.while traveling on Feb 5 I experienced an issue with the cruise control not 'staying' where it was set- continuing to accelerate, then instead about 1/2 way to our destination, I started to experience random issues such as attempting to accelerate and the vehicle behaving as if it was in neutral. I located the Jeep dealer closest to my destination, safford Chrysler Jeep in va, & dropped the vehicle off. Safford had the vehicle the entire day of Friday, 2/06/15, & was unable to properly diagnose/repair the vehicle- saying they could not find anything wrong with it. Upon releasing the vehicle back to us, having driven only approx.10 miles, my cousin had near-death experience in heavy traffic, the vehicle began again accelerating out of control & would not respond to normal braking while my cousin was driving. We contacted Jeep customer care by phone to report these issues the evening of Friday, 2/06. The Jeep is currently at safford Chrysler Jeep in springfield, va, having been towed there on Saturday, 2/07. We were told by safford that they found an error message of some sort indicating the gas and brake were engaged at the same time, which is in keeping with our report of the vehicle accelerating on it's own and not responding to braking, but they were unable to diagnose or repair the problem that day or the following day prior to our departure from Virginia.there has been a serious lack of response from to burdick Chrysler Jeep in cicero, NY, safford Chrysler Jeep in springfield, va, &Jeep customer care.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA