2016 Jeep Patriot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Patriot:

2016 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Dec 212016

Patriot

The seat belt sensor does not properly disengage. When I pull the seat belt about 1 to 2 inches the sensor on the dash goes off. I have been working with the dealership but also wanted to remove it.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Mar 142016

Patriot

Takata recall. I was involved in a accident on March 14, 2016. I was stopped at a stop sign when a SUV was making a right turn to the street I was stopped waiting to make my right turn. The gentleman was speeding and took a hard right, he lost control of his vehicle and hit me full impact on the driver side. The entire driver side had to be replaced. The airbags did not inflate, the airbag lights did not turn on. At the impact that I was hit they should have gone off and no one knows or could explain why they didn't deploy. When my vehicle was repaired and I went to pick up, then the airbag lights were on and had to be reset and the seatbelt was not properly working (that had to be replaced)

- Killeen, TX, USA