Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Jeep Renegade has a very large volume of complaints for such a new model, especially compared to other SUVs in the same class.

Most Jeep Renegade complaints are for various problems with interior accessories & electrical systems, as well as squealing brakes, transmission (rough shifting) and engine problems.

2015 Jeep Renegade drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

2015 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 162016

The 2015 Jeep Renegade has had about 800 miles when the problem appeared. I was driving on a freeway at 70 mph. All the sudden, the car started jerking and the car would not accelerate even when I push the pedal as I intended. So I got off the freeway and started driving local at lower speed, and the car was acting even more weird. The car was jerking and came to stop. The engine was on but the car would not go. Luckily, it was at night time and in residential area, there were only few cars around so they could drive around. I changed the automatic mode, 'd', to the semi-manual mode. The frequency of the jerking reduced but the car came to a stop again while I was driving about 6 miles to drop the car at a repair shop at a mfg authorized dealership. This could have caused serious property damage and bodily harm. I was lucky that there were many cars around at the time and the car did not stall on the freeway. I am not an expert, but the problem seemed to be related to the power train (and speed control possibly.) I hope I am the only person with the problem. This problem must be assessed and appropriate action needs to be taken. My car is currently at a repair shop and will be assessed, hopefully tomorrow.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 122016

I bought my vehicle approx May 2015 drove 7600 with virtually no problems. All of a sudden began having shifting issues with a bad hesitation between gears to the point where I didn't think the vehicle would move then it did. Took to the dealership & they did an update on the transmission software. That made it better for only a short time. My car started doing it again but was a lot worse. Car had 14000 miles on it & it was jerking into gear. Took to dealership & they verified the rough shifting said they were told by Chrysler to do a relearn procedure on transmission & that sometimes will correct the issue. The transmission isn't jerking into gear at the moment but you can still feel it shift into gear. Think this problem really needs to be researched.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Jul 282015

Just purchased a new 2015 Jeep Renegade one month ago, and my daughter was driving it to work one morning and the vehicle lost total power in the middle of the road and would not move, had to get it towed to the dealer where it was purchased and they called me and told me the transmission needs replaced. The vehicle has 2000 miles on it. Updated 09/15/15

- Nanty Glo, PA, USA

Jul 232015

On 7-23-2014, when attempting to back up, the Jeep would not move and no less than 5 warning lights came on. Multiple messages:service hill start assist, service engine, service electronic parking brake, service transmission. Shifted to park, huge clunk, shifted back to reverse, huge clunk, then was able to back up. Shifted to drive, wouldn't move. Repeated process, clunking transmission, then moved forward. Drove home slowly then had towed to dealer. See online that the 9 speed 948te auto transmission is a problem. Why isn't anyone looking at this?? dealer has Jeep and has done 7 software updates and aren't sure if it will fix the problem. I paid $28,000 and don't know if the &#@% thing is going to do this every time I leave the driveway. Please look into this. I understand the 2013 forward Cherokee has the same problem and no one is helping these owners either.

- Schuylerville, NY, USA

Jun 052015

Note: Case file with has been established - :case #: 27105715 1st incident: Vehicle was backing up - vehicle stopped moving backwards mileage on vehicle apprx 1000mi 2nd incident. : battery was dead - battery was charged, then vehicle would not back up out of the garage. 3rd incident - vehicle would not back up out of a parking space in a shopping lot parking lot.

- Howard, OH, USA

May 212015

Hesitation shifting between multiple gears. Lunged forward without warning at a complete stop. Made manufacturer aware of issue.

- Yakima, WA, USA

May 172015

My 6 week old Jeep Renegade won't start. I inserted my key into the ignition, I turned and briefly the electricity went on but the engine didn't turn. Then I went to try again and everything locked up. The key was stuck, the gear shift was locked and wouldn't move, and the vehicle would not turn on. Finally got the key out but when you put it back in, you cannot turn the key. Nothing works, it is completely shut down. It appears as though the lock cylinder may be broken. Very pissed off.

- Manvel, TX, USA

Apr 062015

My husband and I both just bought 2015 Jeep with their 9-speed automatic transmissions. These cars are extremely dangerous and I am scared to drive these vehicles in snow. The vehicle will all of a sudden accelerate even though you are braking to come to a stop or are slowly idling forward. It is very scary and people across the country are having problems with it. It is all related to the 9-speed automatic transmission. Jeep knows it is an issue (having recalled vehicles to do numerous flashes), but it is not resolving the problem. I don't want someone to die as they did with Toyota before the government finally steps in. Please take this up with Jeep and force them to make this right.

- Coeur D'alene, ID, USA