Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Jeep Renegade has a very large volume of complaints for such a new model, especially compared to other SUVs in the same class.

Most Jeep Renegade complaints are for various problems with interior accessories & electrical systems, as well as squealing brakes, transmission (rough shifting) and engine problems.

2015 Jeep Renegade fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

2015 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Apr 122016

Jeep had 628 miles on it when driving home speedometer went to 0 had no power manage to pull of the road smelled gas look around and found gas leaking from the bottom of the Jeep needed to have it towed. Leaked a lot of gas all the way to the dealership and after they unloaded it. Told it was a fuel fitting and need software updates. I am sure glad it was at night with no traffic and not on the highway who no's what could have happed.

- Newport, KY, USA

Mar 122016

This is an update to an earlier complaint (#10826148) about my 6-speed manual 4X4 2015 Renegade latitude (with ~6490 miles on it) which was revving uncontrollably, popping out of cruise control, difficult to get into and out of gear as well as exhibiting poor fuel economy. At first, the dealership service department said they couldn┐T replicate any of the problems, but I insisted that they keep the car and drive it further. They did and were able to see that there was a problem. That was nearly one month ago. They kept the car for 3 weeks for what was described as a problem with the clutch, a part for which (the throw-out bearing) was on back order. I picked up the car this past Friday 3/11/16, drove it home and parked it in my garage, happy that it was fixed. Or so I thought. Saturday morning, less than 24 hours since bringing it home, as I was preparing to go out of town, the car would not go into reverse, and there it sits, stuck in my garage, to be towed back to the dealership. Thing is, I had not tried out the reverse on it when I picked it up or got it home. I had a straight run out of the garage when I picked it up, drove around the building and then straight to my home. I'm wondering if they had not done so too. Now that it is nearly 30 days out of commission, I will probably try to get the car declared a lemon and ask the dealership to buy it back. I don┐T want to do that but I do not feel safe in it, even if they were to fix the clutch again. NHTSA, please look into our cars-I have read the complaints and it seems that something is very wrong with it!

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Feb 112016

I purchased my 2015 Renegade latitude 6-speed manual transmission vehicle last fall and found that from the beginning at times I had difficulty getting it into gear. I've been driving manual transmission cars (all sedans until this) for nearly 35 + years so I'm familiar with how to shift etc. I knew and expected that there'd be a learning curve as every vehicle is different. But by now it should be resolved. Instead, it has worsened. I have maneuvered around the minor problems -those at lower speeds-having to downshift a few times when I needed to upshift (I rely on sound and the rpms as my guide). The car now has 6200 miles on it (a mix of back road driving with Suburban streets and some highway) and it is now revving uncontrollably at times, throwing me out of cruise control, acting as if on ice when there is none, surging forward when I haven't accelerated. And the advertised 31/27 mpg has not happened. I am now down to 23 mpg. I will be dropping it off tomorrow for an oil change and for them to look at this revving problem and the low mpg. I am afraid to drive this car, which I love very much, aside from the problems btw. I am concerned because I see that there have been complaints listed on sites about just this thing and it is a reminder of the out of control acceleration problems of cars in years past (like with Audi). Please let me know what to do besides taking it into the shop. I see below that you ask when this happened: As I said, from the beginning-I noticed that when I backed out of my driveway and put it into first and then shifted into 2nd, I'd have to go back to first. Then, it would surge ahead as if it were in third or fourth. That has continued.. the scary issue is the revving in traffic last week. I have not driven it since then.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Feb 022016

Entire capless gas tank housing broke off and stayed attached to the gas nozzle at the pump. Also, continued squealing brakes with no fix. Needed software update at 125 miles.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 282015

2 weeks after buying my brand new Renegade, it completely shut off on the freeway & I had to coast over 3 lanes of traffic to the shoulder. Not only did my Jeep leave me stranded, I could have been ran over at 80 miles an hour. Just before shutting down, my car would not shift gears and began to lose speed even though the rpms were hitting the red marks. It was serviced, and given 2 software updates. A week later, the same thing happened. You can push the gas pedal to the floor, but the vehicle does not accelerate, instead it dies, however the RPM's go up as high as they can go but my car won't shift gears. Now it is in the shop (for over a week), supposedly getting a new fuel pump, which I do not think is the ultimate problem. I have read about the 9 speed automatic problems and this is exactly what keeps happening. After putting me in danger twice, I feel certain as soon as I get my new fuel pump and drive home, this will break down again. I have had the Jeep one month, brand new.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Nov 142015

"takata recall" after starting the vehicle from a parking spot at the va, I smelled gas, and it stalled. After starting several more time, and only able to make it approximately several feet each time. The vehicle finally died, leaving a trail of gas, and a huge puddle underneath. It was the fuel return line where the plastic connects to metal. This was very dangerous.

- Windsor, ME, USA