2018 Jeep Renegade engine problems: excessive oil consumption

Excessive Oil Consumption

2018 Jeep Renegade

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

6.0

2018 Jeep Renegade engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Jeep Renegade:

2018 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Jan 252019

Renegade Trailhawk

The vehicle stalled out making a left onto a busy 4-lane highway with oncoming traffic. Restarted, went on the way, happened again 2 days later in the exact same situation. No dashboard indicators about the cause of the stall. Took it to the dealership. Dealership diagnosed low oil and changed the oil. Vehicle had < 3200 miles at the time of the stall issue. Pickup feels worse and gear shift is odd since the oil change.

- followup, Southampton, US

Nov 142018

Renegade 2.4L

Since owning the vehicle brand new, I have been mentioning to the dealership that I feel I’m using excessive amounts of oil. I had to place a quart in at 1500 miles, and I have had to continue placing oil in at intervals of every 1000-2000 miles even with getting routine oil changes at the dealership. They have now asked me to keep record of it....they may have to scope the engine. I just had an oil change at 9800 miles and had to put a quart in at 11800.

- Marjorie S., Hamburg, NJ, US

Jun 052018

Renegade 2.4L

2018 Jeep Renegades with 2.4L engines are not recommended. They burn oil and there has been no recall. Is it a defect that should require engine replacement or lemon law return to manufacturer.

The dealer did not mention it before, during the sale or after. I suggest everyone with this issue ask about the lemon law????

- Smk G., Bangor, ME, US