1. replace spark plug wires (1 reports)
1997 Jeep Wrangler engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Wrangler:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jun 122001

Wrangler SE 2.5L

engine wouldn't go faster than 5 mph. It was late and we were out in the middle of nowhere. I popped the hood but didn't notice anything at first. I had my wife start the jeep. I was wiggling the wires when I got knocked on my butt. After I got up, I noticed a bright blue spark arcing from the plug wire to the engine. I wrapped about half a roll of electrical tape around it and made it home. The next day I put on new wires and the problem was solved. I didn't even bother going to the dealership. I have had enough of their B.S. and would probably would have shot some of them.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA