8.0

1. replace fuel pump (1 reports)
1997 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Wrangler:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

May 172001

Wrangler SE 2.5L

dealership recalled fuel pump. took it in and they replaced it. this is the second one they put in. the next day I could smell gas and there was a few drops under the tank. I took the jeep back to the dealership. I waited 5 hours for them to tell me there was nothing wrong. Extremely P.O.'d, I drove it home. When I got out of the jeep I noticed a steady drip coming from my gas tank. I went back to the dealership to reem them a new A$$hole. When I got there, it must have been shift change because the dumb a$$ I saw earlier wasn't there. I showed the new guy the gas that was dripping and he immediately had a mechanic look at it. It ended up being a crack in the new fuel pump. They put in another one while I watched.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA