1998 Jeep Wrangler electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Jeep Wrangler:

1998 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 282014

Wrangler SE 2.5L

I just purchased this jeep in the spring. I know that it is not new but it has more electrical problems then my 1992 Chevy pu that has almost 300000 miles on it. First the oil sending unit didn't work. I replaced it with a mopar part and now I have oil pressure but when it idles the check gauges light comes on because the pressure is to low. I find this is about normal for this jeep. Sometimes it acts like the battery is dead but its been checked and is fine. When the system is checked everything checks out. Who knows? Now the gauges quit working and the airbag light comes on and stays on. Sometimes they work fine. Every one of these problems I have found to be typical of this jeep. I just can't believe that as simple of vehicle as the jeep seems to be that there are so many problems with it, If I had any idea that it was going to have all these problems I wouldn't have bought it. I do love driving it when things work.