2. replace suspension parts (1 reports)
2000 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Wrangler:

2000 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jun 182016

Wrangler 2.4L

200 jeep wrangler never lifted going down road at 55 . front skook so bad almost rolled the jeep .i was able to stop jeep . good thing my wife was not driving. she would not what to do. i meeen the jeep lifte right off the ground and bounced back and forth on highway. good thing i was not going faster. would have rolled it.there should be a recall on this before some one dies. wayne simmons

- , kingston, NY, USA

Mar 082016

Wrangler 2.0L

I am a 5'2" woman. When this happened out of the blue going 70mph down the road, I was barely able to hang on the wheel while trying to slow down and pull over. I had taken it to one shop and recommended I take it to another since they were not familiar with this problem. The list below is what was replaced to fix it.

2 Upper Ball Joints 2 Lower Ball Joints 1 Steering Stabilizer 2 Upper Control Arms 2 Lower Control Arms 1 Track Bar 1 Left Front Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly

I take pride in keeping my vehicles safe and this was the scariest thing that I had ever encountered. I was afraid that the jeep would flip over.

- , Marion, IA, USA

Apr 102015

Wrangler SE 2.5L 4-cyl

I love my Jeep and I have had it for over 10 years now. I have put a lot of money in it over the years to keep it running but all and all it has been worth it. I plan to own Jeeps the rest of my life and I appreciate the brand.

This Death wobble is new to me as it has only started occurring in the last month or two. It is really really annoying and as I drive on the highway a lot it is a frequent occurrence. I am disappointed by Jeep and her parent companies for not doing something about this problem. As far as I can tell online the Death wobble has been a problem for years and Jeep has done nothing to deal with that problem.

As a car company with some of the most loyal customers in any industry It is a sad time when they refuse to address this obvious problem. Shame on you Jeep and I hope you realize the error of your ways.

- , Woodbridge, VA, USA