7.1

2005 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Wrangler:

2005 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 152009

Wrangler

I wish to complain about the seat belt malfunction in my 2005 Jeep Wrangler tj. With only 16000 miles the right passenger seat belt would not retract anymore and it appears that the plastic spacers came apart. I replaced the entire assembly to the cost of $325 for a new belt assembly. If my Jeep belt is defective are there many other complaints about the Jeep seat belts?

- Wenatchee, WA, USA

Jun 232009

Wrangler

Front seatbelts fail to retract properly causing them to become jammed between the doorlock and the body latch. Belts are becoming damaged and weakened. This has been a problem since vehicle was new, situation ongoing.

- Vassalboro, ME, USA