2006 Jeep Wrangler miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Wrangler:

2006 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Oct 152015

I called mcdonald Chrysler in clare Michigan(624 w. 5th St., clare Michigan 48617, 1-989-386-7779) I called them about 6-7 months ago when I first got my first recall notice in the mail and they told me that they had the part so I scheduled an appointment with them and when I got there they told me that this was the first that they had head of this recall and said that they would have to order the part and would call me when they got the part in. Well on 22 February 2016 I received a 3rd notice and still haven't heard back from them. You would think that with this being a safety recall that they would get off their butts to fix this issue. My recall is about the clutch interlock switch(R13/nhtsa15V-22). I do plan to take my vehicle to a different dealership.

- Evart, MI, USA

Jul 102013

Very randomly, the vehicle starts to shimmy violently. Have seen this complaint on several websites. Thankfully we have ben able to slow down and pull off the road. Have been told there is no clear cut resolve to this issue without spending a lot of money because it could be various things. Want to get rid of this vehicle before something tragic happens, but am afraid because of this, will not get what vehicle is worth and someone else might die not knowing the issue. From what I understand, the name for this condition is a "death rattle"

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Oct 152014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Death wobble!

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

May 312010

Uncontrollable wobble in front axle/wheels and shaking of steering wheel.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Dec 012007

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I am driving at 20 mph on a curve on the expressway and out of nowhere the whole entire shakes, rocks, moves uncontrollably to all direction. I can be driving in city limits at 25 mph and it will do all the same things shakes, rocks, moves uncontrollably to all directions. It occurs more than 10 times a month. I took my Jeep Wrangler to the Jeep Agency and they told me it was the breaks so I told them ok fix it. They called me to pick up my car that it was ready. So I drive on to get on the expressway as soon as I get to 25mph the car shows the same problem. I went back to the dealership and they refunded my money and they told me that they couldn't figure it out and they suggested that I take it to another dealer that isn't Jeep. I told them that they were the Jeep experts what would other agencies know about Jeep. Then I spoke to daimler and they said to try to replace my tires and I did and the problem was still there. I have all my paper work.

- Mission, TX, USA

Dec 222008

My 2006 Jeep Wrangler has been a problem since I bought it. The vehicle has been back to the dealership for part replacement repair over 7 times, and it has only 24,000 K. won't detail each mechanical issue, but I have been very disappointed in this vehicle, and got rid of it last week.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA