2.0

2007 Jeep Wrangler brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

May 282015

Wrangler

My horn quit working the same time the airbag light and the electronic stabilizer control / bas light came on.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Wrangler

Incidents of engine stall; airbag non-deployment; random horn, headlight, taillight, door lock, instrument panel and windshield wiper activity; failure of fuel pump shutoff resulting in unintended acceleration; and fires. All the dash back lights come off and on randomly especially the heater controls. Air bag light is always on. Air bag light and beeper flash and beep all the time and no mechanic does not know what to do about it. Very flushterating to drive w airbag beeping. No resale value due to all the above things. Will you buy it? horn has now stopped working and lights behind the heater do not work either.

- Ronan, MT, USA

Jun 012013

Wrangler

I was driving on highway when hitting 65mph and Jeep started to shake uncontrollably. I would have to stop and pull over to a lower speed for it to stop. But if I was in left lane and it started I couldn't swing to breakdown lane so would have to stop immediately in traffic. Very unsafe but better than causing accident. I replaced the steering stabilizer last summer with no relief. Why is Jeep not handling this " why are people like us spending thousands of dollars on a vehicle just to have cause life threatening issues I have many things and read up on this death wobble of Jeep. Is it something I can get lawyers involved "

- Hudson, NH, USA

Dec 082014

Wrangler

The warning light for the brake assist, airbag & stability control light up. Took it to the shop and was told that the clock spring was faulty that is why the lights come on. The cost to repair the clock spring is over $800. All it does is make it so the warning lights turn off, so I have chosen not to repair it. This is a common problem with the jk Wrangler. The problem is if there really is an issue then I won't know because the light is always on. I feel that Jeep should repair this as a recall.

- Beaverton , OR, USA

Jun 172014

Wrangler 6-cyl

When driving at a speed of 40 mph the Jeep's dash lights came on, the horn started blowing, the windshield wipers came on, the locks went on and off and the car stalled. This has happened numerous times over the past year and a half at different speeds, while idling, and different weather conditions.

- Meriden, CT, USA

Oct 142013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Shortly before taking vehicle in for brakes, the ABS/esp/bas and traction lights came on. Repair shop stated this would reset after brakes replacement. It did not. Now the lights are on all the time. I have no ABS, no traction control and vehicle is all over the road in inclement conditions. Also the wipers won't turn off after car is turned off and key is removed. They operate on low or high no intermittent. The fluid works and the rear wipers and fluid works, but the wipers wont turn off unless I remove the fuse. And now the cruise control will not work. I was told the tipm is bad, but looking at reviews online. It seems like this is a safety concern for all these issues and should be cause for recall.

- Sheridan, IL, USA

Jul 032013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Driving on 4 lane non-interstate road in the rain at approximately 40 mph. Drove through a puddle that seemed to affect the left front tire only and the front end began to shake violently as though something had came loose. There was a strong pull to the left also. I'm thinking I will have to get the front end checked out, stopped at a grocery store for a few things and when headed home the shake is still there, but not so violent. Parked at home overnight and headed out the next day to get it looked at and there is no shake whatsoever, vehicle drives like it always has. In doing some research on the internet I see a problem others seem to be having exactly like mine and it's being called the "death wobble". it has not done this since this one time but it has me worried that it will at any time, and could be very dangerous.

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Jul 142013

Wrangler 6-cyl

I engaged my electronic swaybar disconnect when I went off-roading. When I returned to pavement, I tried to reconnect by pressing the button on the instrument panel, but the light continued flashing on the dash. I took my 2007 Jeep Wrangler rubicon in to the local Jeep dealer and was told that it was not covered by warranty. After doing some research online, I found that this is a very common issue among rubicon owners. Here is the link to some others on a Jeep forum experiencing the same issue: www.jk-forum.com/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/warning-rubicon-owners-your-swaybar-will-get-you-177489/page2/ this is a real issue, as most Jeep owners that have this electronic swaybar disconnect option use it off-road, far from civilization. In some cases, this defect has caused their vehicle to freeze up. This could be deadly in some of the really hot or really cold locations.

- Henderson, NV, USA