2007 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Mar 112015

Wrangler

Clockspring failure disables horn and airbags

- Aurora, IL, USA

Apr 252015

Wrangler

Clockspring recall. I own a 2007 Jeep Wrangler V6 automatic with 86000 miles. Around April 25th 2015 I noticed the airbag dash light would light up and ding every few minutes. After doing some research I found this to be a very common occurrence with this model Jeep. I took my Jeep to my local dealership last week for its regular maintenance and the service manager called stating the clockspring was in need of replacement. I asked him if the Jeep was covered under the recent recall and he said he "couldn't find anything about it in his system". I explained what I had read online about all the complaints and to the best of my knowledge there is a recall for the clockspring replacement. He told me the only way the dealership would fix it without charging me $700 is if I had proof of the recall. Aside from this problem being annoying, I'm concerned about the safety while driving the vehicle and if the airbag would properly function if myself or my wife were in an accident. Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

- Humacao, PR, USA

May 212015

Wrangler

The spring clock is broken.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Apr 252015

Faulty air bag clockspring

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Dec 142015

Wrangler

"takata recall" as of yesterday, December 14, 2015, a white tape started coming out of the steering column. A few weeks ago, the air bag light would come on and go back off which I thought was odd but, it went back out so I wasn't concerned and it never stayed on for any length of time. Then yesterday I get in my Jeep to go to work and as I turn the wheel out of my driveway, I could hear this noise like someone was wrinkling up paper. It is only eight miles from my home to work so, I kept listening to figure out what it was. By the time I got to work, there was a white tape coming out of the steering column. After work, I took it and had it looked at and was told that the "clock spring" is unraveling in the steering column. Usually this is only seen when you have been in an accident and the air bag has been deployed. I have never been in an accident so, it should not be unraveling inside the steering column. I was also told, I shouldn't drive my vehicle because there is a chance the air bag will deploy. I got it home and now it is sitting in my driveway.

- Meadville, PA, USA

Nov 012015

Wrangler

Takata recall, 1 month ago the air bag ligth turn on in my cluster and I dont know how he turn of everityng looks fine just that ligth and the bell sonds every few minutes.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 022015

Wrangler

The horn will not work and the air bag light chimes off and on. And now I have intermittent starting issue. I can drive up the road and cut it offand then get back in and it won't start. But wait about 10 minutes and it'll start right

- Fletcher, NC, USA

May 282015

Wrangler

My horn quit working the same time the airbag light and the electronic stabilizer control / bas light came on.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Aug 042015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Airbag light on cluster blinks and also makes a beeping sound. It will not shut off, therefore there will be a problem with airbag deployment if a accident occurs.there are no current recalls on this problem, only ongoing investigations. I feel very unsafe driving this car. If there are no recalls for this problem, the dealer will not fix it. I cannot afford to pay the dealer for this safety defect, as it is no longer under warranty. Thank you.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Mar 112015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving my 2007 Jeep Wrangler sahara and was involved in an accident. I struck the rear end of another vehicle while traveling approximately 30 mph. There was extensive front end damage to my vehicle and damage to the vehicle I hit. The final total for repairs of my Jeep were approximately $13,000. The airbag did not deploy in my vehicle causing me to hit my wrist against the the steering wheel and I suffered a moderate wrist injury that still bothers me months later. I would think with $13,000 worth of damage it would be sufficient enough to get the airbag to deploy but it did not. I believe the injuries I suffered could have been avoided if the airbag was deployed....updated 08/27/15 updated 12/7/2015

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 242015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

During normal street driving the air bag light was turning on and off for the 5 mile drive home. Tried turning car off and on, the. Tried pushing the fuses down to make sure it wasn't that. Also recently replaced the tipm. So far, I'm not liking this Jeep. A lot of problems.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Wrangler

Incidents of engine stall; airbag non-deployment; random horn, headlight, taillight, door lock, instrument panel and windshield wiper activity; failure of fuel pump shutoff resulting in unintended acceleration; and fires. All the dash back lights come off and on randomly especially the heater controls. Air bag light is always on. Air bag light and beeper flash and beep all the time and no mechanic does not know what to do about it. Very flushterating to drive w airbag beeping. No resale value due to all the above things. Will you buy it? horn has now stopped working and lights behind the heater do not work either.

- Ronan, MT, USA

Sep 142014

Wrangler

Airbag light going on and off and on. Secondly, while driving at 39-41 mph and when RPM's drop from roughly 22,000 to roughly 12,000 ( shifting to last gear ),...Jeep starts riding very rough and shaking. Not brakes, alignment, or balancing problem. Only happens with these specific guidelines.

- Hanover, MA, USA

Dec 082014

Wrangler

The warning light for the brake assist, airbag & stability control light up. Took it to the shop and was told that the clock spring was faulty that is why the lights come on. The cost to repair the clock spring is over $800. All it does is make it so the warning lights turn off, so I have chosen not to repair it. This is a common problem with the jk Wrangler. The problem is if there really is an issue then I won't know because the light is always on. I feel that Jeep should repair this as a recall.

- Beaverton , OR, USA

Feb 162015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

On 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd), the dashboard airbag warning light and chime randomly and frequently goes on and off. Contacted dealer almost a week ago. Dealer indicated that they are too busy to look at it now. I am waiting for a part (unrelated to the airbag) to come in so the dealer said they will look at airbag when the other part comes in. Although the dealer is not overly concerned the random and frequent light and chime are annoying (which by design probably means it needs more immediate attention).

- Wallingford, CT, USA

Oct 012014

Wrangler 6-cyl

The air bag lights keeps randomly coming on & off on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2wd. No particular time or day or speed. I can be sitting at a stop light & it comes on. I had it checked & no one could find a problem other then the light coming on. I don't want to wait till I crash to see if the airbag works.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Dec 252014

Wrangler

On the 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- North Dighton, MA, USA

Oct 182014

Wrangler

The horn stopped working and then a day later the air bag warninglite indicating malfunction came on intermittently and then stayed on chiming from time to time.it goes off and then comes back on when the vehicle starts moving again.it sometimes goes off when turning right.my mechanic said there have been several complaints about it, it is the clockscrew he said nad when I looked it up, it was the exact description.pitiful is all I have to say, this is a safety issue and Jeep should fix it immediately.

- Foutaintown, IN, USA

Sep 152014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Air bag light keeps coming on repeatedly on dash. Took it to a body shop and he says Jeep have a problem with clocksprings causing this issue.

- Vernon, TX, USA

Aug 082014

Wrangler 6-cyl

I have been having trouble with my 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited X air bags. I will be driving down the road and the air bag lights will randomly ding and go off. Both the air bag light on my dash board and the passenger air bag light will keep randomly go off. I have done nothing different, I haven't even adjusted the seats or belts so I'm not sure why this is happening, but I do not feel safe at all. I'm afraid the air bags are going to either randomly deploy or not work if I were to ever get in a wreck.

- Sedgwick, KS, USA