2007 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 012015

Takata recall, 1 month ago the air bag ligth turn on in my cluster and I dont know how he turn of everityng looks fine just that ligth and the bell sonds every few minutes.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 022015

The horn will not work and the air bag light chimes off and on. And now I have intermittent starting issue. I can drive up the road and cut it offand then get back in and it won't start. But wait about 10 minutes and it'll start right

- Fletcher, NC, USA

May 282015

My horn quit working the same time the airbag light and the electronic stabilizer control / bas light came on.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Aug 042015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Airbag light on cluster blinks and also makes a beeping sound. It will not shut off, therefore there will be a problem with airbag deployment if a accident occurs.there are no current recalls on this problem, only ongoing investigations. I feel very unsafe driving this car. If there are no recalls for this problem, the dealer will not fix it. I cannot afford to pay the dealer for this safety defect, as it is no longer under warranty. Thank you.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Mar 112015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving my 2007 Jeep Wrangler sahara and was involved in an accident. I struck the rear end of another vehicle while traveling approximately 30 mph. There was extensive front end damage to my vehicle and damage to the vehicle I hit. The final total for repairs of my Jeep were approximately $13,000. The airbag did not deploy in my vehicle causing me to hit my wrist against the the steering wheel and I suffered a moderate wrist injury that still bothers me months later. I would think with $13,000 worth of damage it would be sufficient enough to get the airbag to deploy but it did not. I believe the injuries I suffered could have been avoided if the airbag was deployed....updated 08/27/15 updated 12/7/2015

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 242015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

During normal street driving the air bag light was turning on and off for the 5 mile drive home. Tried turning car off and on, the. Tried pushing the fuses down to make sure it wasn't that. Also recently replaced the tipm. So far, I'm not liking this Jeep. A lot of problems.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Incidents of engine stall; airbag non-deployment; random horn, headlight, taillight, door lock, instrument panel and windshield wiper activity; failure of fuel pump shutoff resulting in unintended acceleration; and fires. All the dash back lights come off and on randomly especially the heater controls. Air bag light is always on. Air bag light and beeper flash and beep all the time and no mechanic does not know what to do about it. Very flushterating to drive w airbag beeping. No resale value due to all the above things. Will you buy it? horn has now stopped working and lights behind the heater do not work either.

- Ronan, MT, USA

Sep 142014

Airbag light going on and off and on. Secondly, while driving at 39-41 mph and when RPM's drop from roughly 22,000 to roughly 12,000 ( shifting to last gear ),...Jeep starts riding very rough and shaking. Not brakes, alignment, or balancing problem. Only happens with these specific guidelines.

- Hanover, MA, USA

Dec 082014

The warning light for the brake assist, airbag & stability control light up. Took it to the shop and was told that the clock spring was faulty that is why the lights come on. The cost to repair the clock spring is over $800. All it does is make it so the warning lights turn off, so I have chosen not to repair it. This is a common problem with the jk Wrangler. The problem is if there really is an issue then I won't know because the light is always on. I feel that Jeep should repair this as a recall.

- Beaverton , OR, USA

Feb 162015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

On 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd), the dashboard airbag warning light and chime randomly and frequently goes on and off. Contacted dealer almost a week ago. Dealer indicated that they are too busy to look at it now. I am waiting for a part (unrelated to the airbag) to come in so the dealer said they will look at airbag when the other part comes in. Although the dealer is not overly concerned the random and frequent light and chime are annoying (which by design probably means it needs more immediate attention).

- Wallingford, CT, USA

Oct 012014

Wrangler 6-cyl

The air bag lights keeps randomly coming on & off on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler 2wd. No particular time or day or speed. I can be sitting at a stop light & it comes on. I had it checked & no one could find a problem other then the light coming on. I don't want to wait till I crash to see if the airbag works.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Dec 252014

On the 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- North Dighton, MA, USA

Oct 182014

The horn stopped working and then a day later the air bag warninglite indicating malfunction came on intermittently and then stayed on chiming from time to goes off and then comes back on when the vehicle starts moving sometimes goes off when turning mechanic said there have been several complaints about it, it is the clockscrew he said nad when I looked it up, it was the exact description.pitiful is all I have to say, this is a safety issue and Jeep should fix it immediately.

- Foutaintown, IN, USA

Sep 152014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Air bag light keeps coming on repeatedly on dash. Took it to a body shop and he says Jeep have a problem with clocksprings causing this issue.

- Vernon, TX, USA

Aug 082014

Wrangler 6-cyl

I have been having trouble with my 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited X air bags. I will be driving down the road and the air bag lights will randomly ding and go off. Both the air bag light on my dash board and the passenger air bag light will keep randomly go off. I have done nothing different, I haven't even adjusted the seats or belts so I'm not sure why this is happening, but I do not feel safe at all. I'm afraid the air bags are going to either randomly deploy or not work if I were to ever get in a wreck.

- Sedgwick, KS, USA

Feb 272014

Horn stopped working completely, checked all the fuses and everything looks fine. I've traced it to a faulty clock spring in the steering column. Not safe and will not pass inspection!

- Eastover, NC, USA

Jan 162014

I was slowing while I was approaching a red light. The light turned green and I began my right turn. At this point, the front wheels wobbled and the steering tightened, taking me into the path of an oncoming vehicle (2010 Ford F-150) slowing to a stop for his red light. Upon impact, the seat belt (in use at the time) failed to actuate and the airbags failed to deploy, the driver's seat moved forward, throwing me into the steering wheel and windshield. I sustained a minor head laceration and impact trauma to the right chest. The combine speed of the crash was approximately 25-30 miles per hour. A passenger in the other vehicle was treated and released from the local hospital.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Jun 062014

Wrangler 6-cyl

On 6 June, I noticed my Jeep jk air bag indicator illuminated and then disappears within a minute. Later on it started again and has now frequently turns on and off approximately one minute or more but less than two minutes regardless of the speed of driving. I've researched about this issue and several other owners had the same issue (2007-08 models). Chrysler co said it is not a recall, but according to several website says it is and is covered on an extended warranty or 150,000 miles.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Sep 192013

Wrangler 6-cyl

My airbag light came on the dashboard. When I turn the steering wheel to the left or right the light will go off then come back on. If I am going straight the light will stay on until a turn is made. Reading on the blogs it is definitely the clock spring. I know there is a recall on RHD Wrangler, and this is crazy. I would think they use the same part in all Wrangler!

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Aug 152013

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- Ventura, CA, USA