9.3

2. new ball joints and new steering stabilizer (2 reports)
  3. replace all tie rods and steering stabilizer (2 reports)
  4. replace track arm bushings (2 reports)
  5. ball joints (1 reports)
  6. change the steering shock (1 reports)
2007 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Oct 012008

Wrangler Unlimited 3.8L

I was told " ya this is called the jeep death shake". Whaaaaat?

- , Newark, DE, USA

Feb 012017

Wrangler Sahara Unlimited V6

I got a quote to replace the front end of my jeep because the death wobble is beginning to feel like something on the Jeep might break. The shop wanted $2,000!! This seems to be a well known issue on Jeeps that seems quite dangerous if left unfixed.

- , Turner, US

Nov 012015

Wrangler V6

Out of the clear blue at 50 miles a hour, on a busy 4 lane, the front axle starts shaking to the point where steering the car is impossible. Replaced the brakes, wheels, tires and shocks. Problem returned 5000 miles later. Car is once again in the shop

- , Jamesville, NC, USA

Jun 162015

Wrangler Unlimited 3.8L V6

Everything was fine on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited until I hit a pot hole on day and the Jeep started shaking outrageously bad. I thought the wheels would break off and I was going to crash. I never felt a vehicle do anything so violent. After that it would happen a lot anywhere above 65mph or a bump over 35mph. I replaced the inner and outer tie rods and it was fine for a little while. Then it started again on bumps over 65mph. Now it happens anytime I break 60mph, even without bumps.

- , Hayes, VA, USA

Dec 142016

Wrangler Unlimited V6

While driving approx. 68mph on an interstate overpass, my Jeep went into the dreaded "Death Wobble"...whereby I lost control of the vehicle fearing I would fall over the overpass. It was horrifying! Definitely, the scariest thing I've ever experienced as a driver. It felt like 4 simultaneous blow-outs! There was no warning...no bumps nor pot holes. I cannot believe there is not a recall on this extremely dangerous issue. I am now terrified to drive on the interstate or highway.

- , Little Rock, AR, US

Dec 072016

Wrangler Sport V4

So I just discovered the severely disturbing occurrence I've experienced twice in my Jeep Wrangler is what is known as the "Jeep Death Wobble"!! I had no idea it actually had a name!! Taking Jeep into the shop tomorrow to get it inspected...I'm sure it will cost hundreds of dollars to fix something that Jeep should own up to and fix for free!!!

- , Reno, NV, USA

Nov 062012

Wrangler X 3.8L V6

I know the death wobble is a common thing with Jeep, and other SUVs, but if a car is "Trail Rated" then driving to and from work and other day-to-day driving should not cause my car to 'wobble.' I do not off road with this thing and take care of it to the best of my ability. I am still making payments on the crappy thing and therefore really don't have the expendable cash to do major repairs. I have had one car prior to this one ('95 Jeep Cherokee) and only had to rebuild the transmission on it after 200k miles. My Wrangler only has 80k miles and should definitely not be having the issues it has. I am going to fix the issues with this thing, get it paid-off and put money into the Jeep Cherokee and drive that thing until it is completely dead. I will never go back to Chrysler and will defer anyone I speak with that is looking to buy a car.

- , Mt. Ephraim, NJ, USA

Oct 102016

Wrangler V6

Vehicle purchased October 7th 2016 by the 8th I felt wobble in front when ever I hit a bump. Really violent shaking like a ball bouncing out of control. I feared for my life and my children's life. Returned vehicle to dealer immediately. they claim to have fixed it. Days later the same thing happened. Even more violently. Returned vehicle on 10.20.16 they claimed to have fixed it. On October 30th the vehicle did the same thing on the Hutchinson Pkwy. south bound around 8am. I had to pull off road this time because how frightening the experience was. I was in between 2 cars when it happened and I could not stop my vehicle.I had to just let it bump on out of control until it stopped itself.

- , Fishkill, NY, USA

Oct 032016

Wrangler V6

I've had this problem for a few years now. I keep hearing there is no way to fix it, and I should just sell my Jeep. That is the last thing I want to do, I love my Jeep. It's the first car I've ever bought with my own grown up money. I was under the assumption that it would last a long time, and as long as I put the work it needed into it, I could have it for a long time. The only jeep certified place I can find is the local dealership, and they would rather give me a trade in value than give me a decent price to fix it. I'm hoping that this particular problem can be fixed, but I'm on the last straw with it. I recently hit a curb which resulted in two busted tires, two dented rims, and a cracked radiator. I was able to fix all of the above, and even got a great deal on four new tires/rims. I had them changed out, and the death wobble is at an all time high. The new tires I got are a little bigger than I had before. It was so bad yesterday my tires were screeching from the osculation, and if there would have been more traffic I would have definitely been involved in an accident. I'm not sure where to go from here. I just brought it in to a tire place to have the tires balanced and checked for any abnormalities. The amount of information on this particular problem shocked me, and I'm not sure how this problem isn't under any recall notice.

- , Lafayette, LA, USA

Sep 012016

Wrangler SaHara 3.8L

Anytime I hit a hole or bunp in teh road my front end starts violently wobbling and I have to slow down to get it ti stop. This is a huge safety concern

- , Sanger, TX, USA

May 282016

Wrangler

Driving down the highway towing a trailer and the jeep starts shaking like the tires are coming off, stopped after coming to complete stop, A recall needs to be done on this.

- , Simpsonville, SC, USA

Nov 012015

Wrangler

Almost got into an accident today. Death wobble was really aggressive today and lasted 2 minutes on the highway. Death wobble happens 2-3 times per week on the highway. The whole car shakes aggressively like you are on a roller coster. No matter how many times this happens, its still scary as hell. I've taken it 3 times to the Jeep dealership and spent over $1000 and they cannot/will not fix it. I do not feel comfortable trading this car in the condition that it is in and I am out of options. Jeep needs a recall for this. I have zero ability to fix this problem myself. Please help!!!

- , Hamden, CT, USA

Feb 082016

Wrangler Sahara 3.8L ,V6

I was sold a Jeep that has the death wobble. I am now trying to get the dealership to fix it. I will give updates as to what happened along with the name of the dealership.

- , Charles Town, WV, USA

Feb 102016

Wrangler Unlimited

This has happened a total of three times so far. Driving on highway about 65 mph and hit a bump in road. Front end began wobbling terribly. I thought for sure my tire was coming off or I blew a tire. The front end was wobbling back and forth fairly severely. I was on major highway and had to change lanes and slow way down before it stopped wobbling. It felt as though I was going to have a blowout and wreck the vehicle.

- , Pasco, WA, USA

Mar 082015

Wrangler X 3.8L

Jeep wobble really scary, starts around 60/65 mph. You have to pull over and come to a complete stop. This wobble is going to get someone hurt or worse kill somebody.

- , Beloit, WI, USA

Nov 102015

Wrangler

Purchased the vehicle used and the first time from my house to work as I was taking an off ramp to the left the uneven transition on the highway from asphalt to concrete the bump caused the vehicle to go into a violent shaking, so much I had to basically stop traffic to get it under control. Got out inspected this and did not see damage, thought perhaps it was a loose shock, or something had came loose. It has happened three additional times but now I am more aware of the potential of it happening so I slow down and take it easy on places like that when driving.

- , Lascassas, TN, USA

Mar 012015

Wrangler X V6

Death Wobble off and on for the last year. No pattern, no rhyme or reason noted. Comes and goes. $1,200 so far.

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Sep 012015

Wrangler LX V6

Replaced steering stabilizer shocks front track bar, still has the death wobble

- , Bradford, VT, USA

Oct 112015

Wrangler Limited

Was driving up the interstate at 70 mph when my Jeep starting shaking and vibrating. I pulled over on the interstate with my 10 ten old grand daughter in the Jeep and was not really sure what was wrong. I was 7 hours from home. I thought initially it may have been the road because I had never heard of the death wobble before, but it didn't seem like any others vehicles were doing the same thing. I got out of the Jeep thinking maybe it was a tire or something under the Jeep, but nothing appeared wrong. It wasn't until I took my Jeep into the shop and mentioned the shaking that the repair tech knew exactly what it was. I cannot believe that Jeep would not have a recall on the problem. I guess people have to crash and die before they recall the issue.

- , Huntsville, AL, USA

Apr 152015

Wrangler Wrangler X 3.2L V6

It's exactly as others have described. This is a relatively new issue just now occurring in the last 6 months. Driving my 2007 Jeep Wrangler, ~98,500 miles, manual transmission, lifted 3 inches with some 20' mud grapplers. Driving normal speed, in town or interstate, usually between 35-65 MPH and it begins to wobble so badly I must pull the Jeep to the side using my brake to decelerate for the wobble to begin to cease and then continue my drive. Frequently occurs, sometimes multiple times in any given trip local trip (I no longer take long trips with his Jeep for this reason).

Multiple shop visits with local Dodge/Chrysler dealer - find nothing and can't tell me if others have experienced this same issue. I've also recently visited an independent mechanic and he sent me to an off road shop and that is where I learned of the term "death wobble" and this occurs in mostly in Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee models. The guys at the off road shop also solicit the 9mm bolt in a 9/16 hole philosophy and say this repair will hold but damage could also have occurred to the tire rods and stabilizer bar that requires these items to also be replaced. It's Christmas and I have 7 kids so not spending money on this yet, but will have to in January.

Of all the good and safe reasons for recalls and manufacturers being held accountable for a defective design, this is a concern for the safety and well being of Jeep owners experiencing this issue. As a man, I feel comfortable 'handling' the wild steering issue but my wife or most women would be challenged and I fear this could lead to preventable accidents, harm, and deaths if not corrected.

- , Little Rock, AR, USA