2008 Jeep Wrangler body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Wrangler:

2008 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Dec 012015

Rear passenger door is seized up and front passenger is starting. Car violently wobbles as 55mph!

- Terre Haute, IN, USA

Oct 052015

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the heat shield that was located between the muffler and the rear subframe separated from the vehicle. The contact indicated that the steel bolts used to secure the heat shield caused the failure due to oxidation. The vehicle was not examined by a mechanic and the failure was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 56,396. Updated 12/03/15

- West Port, MA, USA

Dec 152014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving home from work on a state highway, even though posted speed limit was 65mph, traffic was heavy and I was forced to slow down to around 50 to 53 mph. When speeding back up to 55 mph my Jeep sahara shook violently and uncontrollably, I thought my vehicle was going to shake apart, I hit the brakes and went down to 50 mph (thank god no one was close behind me and did not hit me) and the shaking/wobble stopped. As traffic picked back up and I was able to speed up to 60 mph, there was no real problem (a slight shake as I past 55 mph), but as soon as I had to slow down to 55 mph the vehicle started to shake/wobble uncontrollably again. It appears if I accelerate from 0 to 55 mph I get the violent shaking/wobbling but if I go from 0 to 60-65 mph, I do not really experience the violent uncontrollably shaking, just a slight shake at the 55 mph going to 60-65 mph. If I slow down from 60-65 mph to 55 mph I get that same violent uncontrollable shaking/wobbling. This happens everyday - not randomly! I found even on non-highways, where speed limits that allow 55 mph, I get the same violent shaking. This is my only vehicle and I depend on it to get to and from work every weekday. I have read the forums and I have checked the tire pressure, it has no effect on the shaking/wobbling. I have never taken it off-road, I don't even put it in 4 wheel drive. My son has his own Jeep that he has work on for years and he looked at my Jeep (things like steering components, ball joints, tires, steering damper, etc.) all the things Jeep owners have posted on these forums and have paid dearly for at the dealership and everything seems ok. I recently found from a Jeep forum that this is called the 'death wobble'.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 302014

Filing up the tank causes gas to spew everywhere.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Dec 012014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving down us rt. 60 headed back to phoenix Arizona. During my time traveling down the road doing approximately 55-60 mph I ran over train tracks and immediately my Jeep began shaking uncontrollably. I was able to pull over my vehicle to stop violent shaking. I have looked into this on the internet and it seems to be a common problem referred to as, " death wobble. "this is the second time this has happened to me. I have owned the vehicle for 5 months. It was purchased at a Chrysler dealership.

- Tolleson, AZ, USA

Aug 162014

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the doors were unable to be opened from the inside or outside. The contact had to remove their child from the front driver's side door. The failure occurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,000. The VIN was not available.

- Lynn, MA, USA

Jun 282014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Driver door mirror fell completely off vehicle while driving on a main highway. Actual arm bar oxidized and dropped off the vehicle, creating a dangerous situation for others around the vehicle as well as to me as the driver of the vehicle. I was unable to maneuver between lanes which created a major safety issue. Arm bar must be defective since it fell off the vehicle completely.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Jun 022014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Every time I fill my fuel tank gas leaks out all over the Jeep body the bumper, my feet, and not just a little but a lot!

- Green River, WY, USA

Nov 042013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Upon filling up the vehicle, fuel rushes out of the inlet and onto the fender guard, body, and bumper and on the ground. This has happened repeatedly at every fill up. After the first three times this happened I caught as much as possible from the spill = 3 pints +. it shoots all over my hands, arm, and leg. Very dangerous and hazardous having gas all over me.

- Morganton, NC, USA

Jul 012008

Wrangler 6-cyl

Tank overflows everytime I fill up the Jeep. Fuel spills on the Jeep and the ground.

- Truckee, CA, USA

May 012008

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated the door hinges were corroded. The dealer replaced the door hinges and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 50 and the current mileage was 40,000. The VIN was not available.

- Venice , CA, USA