2008 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Wrangler:

2008 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 5 of 14)

Jul 032015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The air bag warning light since the first occurrence has continued to illuminate and the associated chime has sounded since the first time on July 3, 2015. I first though it was speed sensitive, but later discovered it happens when the steering wheel is turned. I then too it to my mechanic and was informed it was the drivers side clock spring....updated 09/22/15

- Brewer, ME, USA

May 052015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag warning illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing who stated that the air bag module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Compton, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Wrangler

The driver side airbag is not functioning due to a faulty clockspring!!! I actually own 3 2008's and all have had this issue!!! this is a commonly known problem with all Jeep jk's, yet Chrysler is simply ignoring this issue after recalling 2007 and 2008 RHD's!! this is absolutely ridiculous. I received no help from Chrysler other than "we will notify you if a recall is made". they could provide me with zero information about how many people had this exact issue. Here's their mailing address if you would like to let them know you disagree with this blatant lack of responsibility on their part. Is there nothing more we can do until we can check the fatality square?? this is absurd. I'll be sending them a letter daily reminding them in case they forget. Chrysler group po box 21-8004 auburn hills, mi 48321

- Vail, CO, USA

Jan 152015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. While driving at 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure occurred each time the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the clock springs were faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000. MA 08/10/15

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Sep 102014

Wrangler

September of 2014 last year I noticed the airbag malfunction light come on. I called my local Jeep Chrysler dealer and left a few messages about recalls and if this meant a problem with my airbags. No one ever called me back after 2 weeks of waiting the airbag malfunction light went off and it would stay off for weeks and mysteriously come on periodically. So after a few months go by in December of 2014 I was at a supermarket parking lot with my wife and three children when we pulled into a parking space amd thw horn, lights, wipers and dash lit up. I quickly disconnected the neg battery and reconnected it two or three times and it stoppped. I looked online for similar problems and disconmected the horn amp via fusebox. Jumpstart to Feb 2015 while on the highway the horn blares and wipers go off but the vehicle turns off and I glided to the breakdown lane while other cars avoided me. 5/27/2015 my wife opened the Jeep door and it triggered the wipers, dash lights and wiper fluid to spray. When you're on a fixed income bringing your vehicle in for repairs is not always feasable. I took the Jeep to autozone free diagnostic and got a code U0141. After reading the similar stories we're going into the dealership for repairs.

- College Park, GA, USA

Dec 122011

Wrangler

My airbag light continues to light up and beeps. I researched it and it says that it is a airbag clockspring failure. I called and Chrysler is not willing to help me. Had I known this I would have not purchased the $40,000 vehicle. I would not recommend this vehicle to no one.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Apr 012015

Wrangler

Airbag light and warning bell goes on and off repeatedly. This seems to be a well documented concern and points towards safety issues extending from non working air bags to a driver distraction. This problem also seems to be indicative of Chrysler's quality control and poor customer service.

- Cypress, TX, USA

May 132015

Wrangler

Again I'm asking you to do your job. There are hundreds of complaints on the lhd jks clock springs being defective. If this is not a safety issue then what is" why will you not force Chrysler to fix this safety issue ? are you protecting them because the ones recalled are postal Jeep ? what good are you if your not protecting us from bad parts " do your job !!!!!!!!

- Staunton, VA, USA

May 112015

Wrangler

Bad clock spring causing SRS airbag light to illuminate. 2007 models were recalled however, no bulletins were sent for '08 models.

- Apo, AE, USA

Jan 122015

Wrangler

The clock spring in my 2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited has gone bad and my airbag light has come on. This has been a recall on the 2007 Wrangler but from my understanding there have been many different model years that have the same issue. I went through Jeep and they said hey would not cover it so I had to purchase the part myself. The airbag is something I feel they should not take so lightly. If there is a known problem and a person takes the time to contact customer support in my opinion they should take care of it warranty or not.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Oct 152014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The passenger airbag light goes off when the vehicle is turning, yet now does it for long periods of time. Even when a passenger is in the seat, the light stays off. Huge safety issue for these vehicles. This reflects Chrysler's recall number is L37.

- Diana, TX, USA

Apr 152015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Clock spring is broken, causing horn and airbag to be inoperable. Vehicle was being driven on road and subjected to normal driving conditions. Requesting NHTSA consider a recall for left hand drive vehicles similar to NHTSA recall 11V-528, (same year and model only RHD.)

- Bend , OR, USA

Apr 162015

Wrangler

My airbag light has turned on. The vehicle has been diagnosed as needing the clockspring. Jeep has not offered to help with the repair. I see they have recalled the part for the year my car was made but they are not making any recall for my vehicle or helping with the cost of repair.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Mar 022015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Over the last month or so, the air bag light goes on and off at random times. Sometimes it will not come on at all and other times it will go on and stay on. Also, over the last few days, I've noticed a 'shaking' while driving, starting around 50mph.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Apr 072015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I started my car to take my daughter to school and heard the chime and noticed my air bag light was on and she was sitting in the front passenger seat, this is not safe for her or anyone else to be sitting in the front passenger seat. I drove her to school and the light and chime would go off and on randomly. I took it into the dealership yesterday and they informed me that it was the steering wheel clock spring and that it's going to cost me $500 to replace. Needless to say I did not have it repaired yesterday due to being a single mother on a fixed income and that costs is more than the payment I make every month for the car. I noticed that there is a recall for 2007 Wrangler and 2008 Wrangler right hand (RHD), mainly post office vehicles to fix this exact problem and find it odd that the only people left out of this recall issue is those of us who have (lhd), is there a reason for this decision? either this is a safety violation that we all should be included in, not just the 2008 government obtained vehicles, or it is not, this is not rocket science people.

- Papillion, NE, USA

Mar 272015

Airbag light went on.

- Newark , NJ, USA

Mar 202015

Wrangler

On my 2008 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2008 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2008 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying." Right hand vehicles have been recalled but not the left like I drive.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Mar 022015

Wrangler

On the 2008 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2008 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2008 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- North Kingstown, RI, USA

Feb 232015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp indicated that there was a malfunction. The contact indicated that the air bag warning lamp was flashing and remained lit as the failure progressed. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V176000 (air bags) and 11V528000 (air bags). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Oct 102014

Wrangler

Air bag warming light is constantly on and flashes and chimes while begin driven. I was told it was a malfunctioning airbag sensor in the steering column and that they have seen many of these cases in the Jeep Wrangler "jk" and that there was a recall for the model year 2007 but not for any of the newer model years.

- Chelsea, VT, USA