2010 Jeep Wrangler brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Wrangler:

2010 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Aug 132016

Wrangler

Wasn't due for an oil change for 3000 miles I use synthetic rod blew while on freeway with my daughter in the car. No brakes no warning no steering we could have died! Chrysler turning their head! mechanic says it's a defect in engine and never seen an engine blow at 64,000 miles and still have all proper levels of fluids! I was going 65 miles an hour on a freeway thank god it was a straight stretch and I was in the right lane, had there been a turn or had we have been on a bridge we would have died or seriously injured someone else!

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 222015

Wrangler

I was driving my Jeep to work when all the sudden white smoke entered the cap. I rolled the window down to vent the smoke and saw flames at my feet. I pulled the Jeep over to the side of the highway just in time for the brakes to fail. After putting the emergency brake on so it would roll into another car I jumped out of the car just in time to see the flames eat the hood of my Jeep and work its way back through my entire vehicle. I watched as the fire department put out the fire over and over and over. Since it had a full tank of gas my Jeep was distroyed. I put $70,000 of parts into my Jeep and it was all eaten by a fire in 20 minutes. I got the oil changed done at the dealership and was never told about a recall. I never recieved any piece of mail notifying me of any recall. I didn't know about the fire issues until I started to research what the problem might have been. The fire department said that they will investigate it but that there really isn't anything left of the Jeep to find the origin. I have video of the fire when it was occuring as well as pictures of the before, during, and after the fire....updated 09/22/15

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jun 022015

Wrangler

While the vehicle was driven about 20mph, first on line to a traffic light and on about 20 T0 25 feet before the intersection and light was red, and when the brake was applied it did not stop and the vehicle kept moving and it was stopped by the emergency brake. A burning smell got inside the vehicle and people stopped yelling that the vehicle was on fire. When the hood was opened and the fire put out we notices that the fire started at the brakes pump sensor. It burned all the wiring around there to include plastic cover of left hand side wheel, the steering column rubber joint, sensors, the hood and other parts in that side.

- Vega Baja, PR, USA

Apr 212015

Wrangler

On the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) dashboard, the airbag warning light, ABS, esp and traction control lights flash on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- Wahiawa , HI, USA

Mar 252015

Wrangler 6-cyl

The emergency brake failed when I applied it while parking the vehicle and it began to roll away. The vehicle is a manual transmission and this poses a severe danger when parking the vehicle.

- Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA

Jun 272014

Wrangler 6-cyl

While driving on city street, the bas/esp and ESC came on for no reason. Lights will not reset.

- Iowa Park, TX, USA

May 232014

Wrangler

I have had several big issues with my Jeep in the last month and a half. First my brake caliper and piston were frozen due to the fluids not flowing properly according to my mechanic. 2 weeks later my airbag light came on and stayed on brought it into the dealership and they needed to replace my clock spring and the third issue was my engine light that came on and then my car would not start. I needed to replace my alternator which was faulty and then drained my battery which I also had to replace. These three issues have cost me over $1000 dollars in a short period of time. I was wondering if any of them are a issue with my make and model and year of my vehicle. This is becoming I safety issue in my eyes. Especially my brakes and airbag issue.

- Bristol, RI, USA

Apr 212014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Vehicle was parked in front of a house. I left the vehicle in 1st gear then set the parking brake and turned the wheels into the curb to prevent roll back and I got out of the vehicle. I went inside and the vehicle rolled down a hill and into a house. When the police came they found it still in gear and the emergency brake was still on.

- Boonton, NJ, USA

Mar 172014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that all of the brake fluid leaked from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken from the dealer, who advised that the rotors, brake pads and fluids would need replacing. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V236000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacture was alerted of the failure and the vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 48,000. Updated 5/13/14

- Westmont, IL, USA

Apr 182012

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while attempting to engage the parking brake he heard a snapping sound. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnose that the parking brake assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Seattle , WA, USA

May 152012

Wrangler

I tried to stop at a traffic light. I had about 150 to 200 feet to the back of the next vehicle. I was traveling about 40 mph. I depressed the brake pedal, it went all the way to the floor and the brakes were pulsating. The vehicle would not stop and I release and pressed the brakes again. The vehicle never stopped and continued to hit the vehicle in front of me. The police would not let me drive it away from the scene, the dealer insisted that I pay a tow truck to bring it back to the dealer and after the second day I have no transportation or any hope of any" I want to know what failed, can or will they fix it and what can I do to get to work now" I bought it new in Oct 2010 and it has 35286 miles on it. Well within warrenty.

- Haughton, LA, USA