3.3

2010 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Wrangler:

2010 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Feb 012016

Wrangler

During re-fueling, when the gas tank is full, gas overflows out of the vehicle and spills everywhere. I was told the entire gas tank has to be replaced. My warranty is expired and there is no recall for my year Jeep Wrangler (2010). I saw that this is covered for Jeep years 2006-2007 regardless of miles/warranty. This is a hazard that should be covered for any year Jeep, not just those specific years.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jan 192016

Wrangler

Every time I fill up the gas tank, the tank overflows. The automatic shutoff on the pump doesn't stop and gas pours out. Every time, every gas station. I can't fill up the tank completely because it will overflow. I have to estimate when it's close to full and stop it before it gets close.

- Amherst, NH, USA

Jan 012016

Wrangler

Every time I full my gas tank in my Jeep, it always spews gas out on me and the Jeep. This is very hazardous and very hard to clean. It happens every single time at any gas pump. I have a child in the nicu that can't be around any fumes and its preventing me from seeing my daughter. I have heard Chrysler will do nothing about the "issue".

- Dallas, TX, USA

Dec 172015

Wrangler

Gasoline overflows out of the filler while adding fuel. This has happened at different gas stations from Indiana to Florida. Fuel overflows no matter how fast or slow I fill the tank and if I allow the pump to auto shut off or I fill by hand. I have attached a photo of another Jeep Wrangler doing the same thing as mine.

- Springville, IN, USA

Nov 242015

Wrangler

Just about every time I fill up my 2010 Jeep Wrangler jk with gas, it spits gas back out of the fill up neck tube. When I get home and park it in the garage it fills the entire house up with gas odor. I am very concerned about our health as this could not be safe. Just a side note, I am also concerned what this will do to my nice paint. I have researched this very good and have read several other cases identical to mine and it seems that this problem needs addressed.

- Buckhannon, WV, USA

Nov 162015

Wrangler

Everytime I fill up with gas at the gas station, it overflows and gets gas all over my car as well as myself.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Sep 102015

Wrangler

When exiting vehicle noticed a strong raw gas smell on drivers side. Vehicle was then parked in garage overnight and upon entering the garage the next morning, the fumes were so strong that immediate ventilation was necessary. Problem may coincide with when gas tank is filled to capacity. Problem repeated for a few days and then did not reoccur until gas tank was refilled.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 162011

Wrangler

When filling my gas tank, the gas overflows every time.

- Spring City, PA, USA

Jul 022012

Wrangler

Every time I fill my fuel tank with gas, it never shuts off and it spits it back out.

- N. Middletown, NJ, USA

Oct 052014

Wrangler

Fuel overflows every time I fill up. If I fill the tank to the auto shutoff point a fair amount of fuel spits out and down the side of the vehicle. This is a potential fire hazard, and not very good for the environment. So now I only put three fourths in so I don't have it pouring out and onto my Jeep

- Nottingham, MD, USA

May 292015

Wrangler

Gasoline shoots out upon full tank, pump nozzle on auto fill. Start to remove nozzle and gas shoots out of filler tube. This has happened numerous times over last two years. Gas gets on clothes and skin. I feel Chrysler should correct this problem as there are numerous complaints regarding this issue.

- Ontario , CA, USA

Sep 112014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased the vehicle in September of 2014 for my 16 year old daughter. Every time we attempt to fill up the fuel tank, the pump doesn't cut off and gas spews all down the Jeep and whoever is pumping the fuel. I did some internet research and found it was a common problem with the Jeep and had hoped the vehicle would have been recalled by now to fix. I took it to the dealer and was told the gas tank has to be replaced to fix the problem at a cost of $1,300 and that the tanks were on backorder. Since I don't think it is safe for my daughter to pump the gas, I will continue to do it for her but I think given the amount of complaints and the safety issues, a recall is imminent.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Jan 092003

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Every time I fill my Jeep up, fuel spills out all over the ground, the side of the car, and on my person which I find very hazardous. This is a recurring issue that has been addressed by Jeep in earlier models, but they are not addressing it with my model. This is unacceptable and dangerous.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Apr 042015

Wrangler

Fuel tank regularly overflows every time I fill up. Gas spills all over exterior of vehicle and the ground.

- New York, NY, USA

Wrangler

My vehicle has leaks on the supply and return transmission cooler lines. As per nhsta # 10041077, dealer and Chrysler claim that this recall doesn't apply to my vehicle VIN. I have same issue as everybody else in the recall. Oil leaking at the flex hose section of the line.

Mar 242015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I have had multiple incidences of splash back when filling the gas tank.

- Mohawk, NY, USA

Mar 212015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

While filling up the gas tank, fuel will overflow out onto the vehicle and onto the ground creating a fire hazard. This has started a few months ago and it is a continual problem.

- Lorton, VA, USA

Apr 052013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

At the end of refueling, gas will come out of the filler neck and spill onto the side of the truck and the ground. The condition has gotten worse as the truck has aged. Even with special attention to make sure the nozzle is inserted as far as possible into the filler neck and filling the tank on the lowest handle setting, it will still spill fuel.

- Fenton, MI, USA