2010 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Wrangler:

2010 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 292012

Wrangler 6-cyl

October 2009 I purchased a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited from southern hospitality in chesapeake, Virginia. This was my dream Jeep- lift kit, side bars, supreme stereo system, and the works. This dream Jeep has turned into a nightmare with a death wobble that keeps coming back. I share this Jeep with my 17 year old daughter who herself has experienced the death wobble, a phone call from the side of the highway that scared me to death. Below is the list of dates and mileage in which I have returned this Jeep to the dealership for them to fix, but each time they return it to me the wobble returns. I feel as if I am continually putting myself and my daughter at risk but due to a divorce my finances do not allow me to purchase a new Jeep? even though every payment has been made on this Jeep. Datemileagetheir "fix" 12/29/1227,443new steering dampener 1/6/1227,792new steering dampener 1/10/1228,045torqued bolts 1/16/1228,311torqued suspension parts 7/12/1235,767new steering dampener 7/25/1236,887new steering dampener, alignment 9/13/1238,967re-secured front suspension, bolts, rotated tires 9/26/1239,361re-placed drag link-tie rod 1/3/1342,629re-placed drag link-tie rod-gears-power steering bushing 3/13/1344,389new trac bar, new tires this last time I called Chrysler and I have a case number, but their response has been to extend the warranty on the Jeep and to tell me it is the dealers problem. The dealership put new tires on it and told me it is Chrysler's problem. I am sorry but their warranty and tires cannot replace myself or my daughter if because of their negligence and ignorance we are in a car accident.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jul 012011

When you hit speeds of 55 mph or above and hit a small bump, my Jeep starts to shake. Took it in to Jeep and they stated that is is called the "death wobble." Correct term in the winter, in snow and in a Jeep. Third time in the Jeep dealership and the only change has been the steering stabilizer without success.

- Endicott, NY, USA

Feb 162013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

While driving at 65 mph, my Jeep started shaking uncontrollably and violently. I had no control in the car, the only thing I could do was push the brakes. I pulled my 6 speed Jeep into neutral and started slowing down and letting it glide to the side of the road. Still shaking as I am slowing down, the Jeep feels like the whole front end is going to shake apart. All cars behind me slammed on their brakes because they saw I had no control of my Jeep. A state police trooper followed me to the dealership. There is no broken axles, loose tires, tire pressure is good. They said they could not find anything in the "express service center". this is a 2010 Wrangler with 75,000 miles that is driven on the highway daily for educational purposes. There must be something done about this "death wobble".

- Salem, VA, USA

Nov 032012

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4X4. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 to 55 mph the front end of the vehicle would shake violently. The contact merged to the side of the road in order to regain control of the vehicle. The contact stated that when she began driving again at approximately 35 mph the power steering failed. The vehicle was unable to be driven and as a result the vehicle was towed to a dealer. The vehicle has not been diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted but they offered no assistance. The failure and current mileage was approximately 11,000. Updated 01/09/13

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Dec 172010

Wrangler 6-cyl

Main issue - driving down the road hit a bump/uneven patch of road and the car shimmers/jerks/wobbles back and forth providing a feeling of losing control of the vehicle. Honestly, I have noticed the shimmering/wobbling/jerking since the first bump I went over with the Jeep Wrangler. I thought this was normal for Jeep as this is my first Jeep Wrangler I have owned. I even went as far as to remove the original tires (more off road) and get all around tires recommended by the Jeep dealer per my private car maintenance specialist. This still did not help. I have this uneasiness when driving the Jeep. I have learned to brace myself when I notice rough/uneven road ahead. While traveling northern Michigan (I-75) I hit a bump in the road (the road was partially covered with snow), the Jeep jerked/shimmered - I spun out of control said a few prayers and was able to bring the Jeep back under control without flipping. I sat on the side of the freeway for almost a half hour before I had the courage to continue my journey. My younger adult children and husband do not like to drive my Jeep because of this wobble/jerky experience after a bump/even road. They don't feel safe. Something needs to be done to correct this problem, before someone is injured or killed.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Jun 232012

While driving down the highway I hit a bump and experienced the "death wobble" where your car shakes out of control and you have to come to a complete stop to make the front end stop shaking. I have taken my Jeep into have this fixed more than once. They claim they had to call the cooperate office because they didn't know anything about the "death wobble" they said they fixed it and then about a month later did the same thing. I'm not the only person complaining of this problem. I've read online plenty of accidents where people have almost flipped their Jeep because of this problem.

- Sherman, TX, USA

Apr 262012

When driving the 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport at 40mph and hit a bump the Jeep vibrates and makes you feel like you are losing control of the car. The only way to stop this is to hit the brakes and hope that you do not have to steer the car since you cannot when this occurs. I called the dealership and they had a name for this problem which is "death wobble". I also noticed that my tires wear much quicker in the front then the rear of the Jeep.

- Smyrna, DE, USA

Jul 012011

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the vehicle would violently shake after driving over bumps in the road. The failure occurred while driving at least 40 mph. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was aligned and tires were replaced, but the failure continued. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 01/17/12 updated 01/18/12

- Humboldt, KS, USA