2011 Jeep Wrangler miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Wrangler:

2011 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

May 152016

Unintended acceleration causing accident and risk of life !

- Novato, CA, USA

Jan 012016

I have uploaded a pdf document that explains my problem. Thanks for your help.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jun 092015

6/9/15 had tires replaced & aligned merchant's tire. 1 day later tire wobbling took it back, they claimed they couldn't assist. Took it to a local shop & balance it 3 times in 2 weeks. Noticed while driving, commuters stay about a half a mile away from me & flash lights. Took it to the dealership marlow hts, they claim they couldn't find anything wrong. Tire still wobbling took it to wal mart auto, while trying to check, they broke my wheel lock! looking for a trustworthy place to fix my vehicle. No one seems to want to work these days. A friend just sent this site & I learned of this death wobble thing in Jeep Wrangler. I have been dealing with this for 7 months now and I'm livid!

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 132015

My gas cap keeps falling out and a light that says gas cap on my dash with engine light came on. We took it to auto zone they put it on their machine and it says need to replace gas cap so we did the light didnt go out but today Sept 8,2015 the gas cap that I bought fell out and broke to pieces on pavement going 55 miles per hr. What is wrong with this problem how do I correct it. And now I also have a light on my dash that looks like a car skidding but my anti skid button is where it is suppose to be. I took it a month ago they told me their machine wouldnt pick it up but they said they thought it has to do with anti braking system. Could you please help

- Doniphan, MO, USA

Jun 102015

On my 2011 Jeep Wrangler rubicon unlimited (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2007 and newer Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

May 172015

I was driving my 2011 Jeep Wrangler about 5-8 mph when I heard a "pop" type of noise. I then saw a flame under the hood on the passenger side. All of a sudden, my throttle locked up and my car wouldn't stop. I had both feet on the brakes, but my tires kept spinning. My electrical was locked up and I couldn't get the Jeep out of drive and into park. My boyfriend ran over, jumped in the passenger side to try to get the Jeep into park, as I couldn't get it to move. He fractured his hand in two places getting the gearshift to go into park. At this point there was black smoke coming from the under the hood. He was finally able to get it into park. At that point he helped pull me out the passenger side of the Jeep as the fire/flames were starting to come thru the dashboard into the inside of the Jeep. It took about an hour to get the fire out, then approx. 15-20 min later the fire started again on the passenger side.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Feb 032014

Wrangler 6-cyl

I started feeling a warble when I would hit a bump on the road, took it into a les schawb they told me it was warn tie rod ends, so I then took it to Jeep dealer 'lithia" in eugene Oregon they inspected it and said nothing was wrong. Today I was coming home on hwy 126 and after I hit a part of the road that is rough, the Jeep totally went out of control the whole thing was shaking so bad I had everything I could do to slow it down and pull off to the side of the road, it probably would feel like if all 4 tires popped at once. It scared me so bad, I was just shaking. I got out looked at all the tires, and underneath, L seen nothing wrong so I put on my 4 way flashers and drove home the last 3 miles at a crawl. I will contact Jeep again on Monday and tell them there is a problem, the power steering has also went out twice on this and had to be fixed.

- Walton, OR, USA

Nov 102010

My Jeep has a six speed manual transmission and it pops out of 2nd and 4th gear into neutral since purchased Nov. 06, 2010. I called Jeep and they said that it must pop out when they drive it. I am setting up an appointment. But this is a safety issue because I will be eventually rear ended. Why isn't this on a recall?

- Kalama,, WA, USA