Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Poor side crash test ratings from the IIHS are really no surprise.

2012 Jeep Wrangler electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Wrangler:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jul 032012

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the top was opened as it began to rain and saturated the interior of the vehicle. Several hours later, the contact he started the vehicle and discovered that the windshield wipers, turn signals, exterior and interior lights, and the horn all failed. In addition, the steering wheel buttons had become inoperable. All of the inoperable components became operable within 24 hours. The dealer was contacted but advised that there were no failures to diagnose. The failure and the current mileage was 3,600.

- Apollo, PA, USA

May 172012

Wrangler 6-cyl

45 days and 1960 miles and it is at dealership service department with steering column and dash all apart. I was told there was a problem with clock spring in steering wheel, however after that was replaced they still have problems with electronics in steering column. So far dealer doesn't know or is not sure exactly what is wrong. I was told they were waiting on a reply from manufacture and they were having trouble running tests through cluster. I will be requesting for Jeep to exchange this one for another one as I don't trust they will correct the problem. What if I am far from home at night in the rain. I could have a serious accident.

- Halethorpe, MD, USA

Mar 032012

Wrangler 6-cyl

Purchased a 2012 Jeep Wrangler sport on 3/3/12 at roughly 2pm cst. At about 4pm cst, I parked the Jeep in my apartment's parking garage. I decided at about 6pm cst to go get some dinner, and to cruise around as well in the new vehicle. I observed smoke coming from the parking garage, and when I got into the garage, I observed my new Jeep on fire. The entire front end of the vehicle was engulfed in flames. Both front tires exploded as a result of the fire, and the entire front end was completely damaged. The interior is destroyed; basically totaled out. Vehicle was purchased with 11 miles on the odometer, and ended with about 17 total.

- Houston, TX, USA