CarComplaints.com Notes: Poor side crash test ratings from the IIHS are really no surprise.

2012 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Wrangler:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 222016

Wrangler

My vehicle clock spring has gone out. My vehicle has 45000 miles and is a model year 2012. Other years, specifically 2008-2011 have been recalled for the very same thing. Also 2012 RHD models have been recalled for the very thing. My airbag light chimes and is illuminated when driving the vehicle, whenever I turn left, right or stop or accelerate.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Sep 142016

Wrangler

Clockpin. Airbag light is at all times. Warning sound "dings" often. Dealership states airbags will not function until the clockpin is replaced.

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Oct 252016

Wrangler

Takata recall. I ran my VIN through mopar and was advised my vehicle qualifies for this recall and that I live in a tier 1 or tier a area. But that there was no fix. What's being investigated as the most recent death related to this recall took place in the city I work in and has a somewhat milder weather than where I live. Just this week we've gone from 60 degree to 100 degree weather. It's common to reach 115 degrees in the summer. Is there bo option for me to fix my vehicle" I have a loan on it. I'm not comfortable driving it and putting my family at risk. So in the meantime I have to park it, find different transportation, and still pay my loan" there has to be an option for me to resolve this and not wait until mopar finds a fix and hopefully notifies me via phone as I've requested. If there is a known issue, and I have an at risk vehicle, being operated in an at risk area, there is no way I should be asked to still drive it and put my family at risk until mopar decides they have a remedy.

- Redlands, CA, USA

May 162016

Wrangler

My air bag warning light has come on after only 40,000 miles. It stays on intermittently and may stay on for 20 minutes then be off for several more minutes. Then turn back on again.

- Keene, NH, USA

Oct 132014

Wrangler

I took my vehicle to my dealer, and I was told the clock spring needed to be replaced. It cost me nearly $500 to do this. Eleven months later, it failed and needed to be replaced again. I have receipts from the dealership for both of these situations. I use this vehicle to deliver mail for the us postal service. Coworkers that have right hand drive Jeep Wrangler have been included in the recall to replace this part without charge to them. Although my vehicle is a left hand drive, I have exactly the same part of my vehicle that is failing. I maintain that I absolutely should be included in this recall. It is a safety hazard to me to not have a functioning horn on this vehicle, and I should not have to keep paying for this since it is a known defect.

- Pleasanton, KS, USA

Sep 152016

Wrangler

Airbag light goes on and off intermittently while driving. This happens mostly at speeds greater than 20 mph. This started about 3-4 months ago.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Jul 012016

Wrangler

Takata recall, we are very upset at Chrysler that they do not have a fix for the Jeep Wrangler passenger airbag issue.. this vehicle is driven by our daughter for school and her carpool. She is without a car as of right now because we do not feel it is safe for her to drive at this time. We have called many times and get the run around from our local dealer service department and Chrysler itself. They should have a fix for the problem. We need a car to drive. We bought our Jeep out right and now can't even trade it in to get her a Jeep she can drive due to this air bag recall. Someone needs to get this situation under control and fix all the effected vehicles. We have a car sitting in our driveway now for 2 months that can not be driven.

- Alamo, CA, USA

Jan 152015

Clockspirng failure

- Youngtown, AZ, USA

Aug 122016

Wrangler

Takata recall - this is a severe and dangerous condition that should have already been corrected. I am very dissatisfied and upset with the alleged "unavailability" of repair parts that has been stated for far too long. I need this dangerous defect repaired immediately.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Wrangler

Takata recall I currently own a 2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I drive myself and my siblings to school and work each day. If there is any risk posing for the health and life of my sibling I will not operate the vehicle until it is safe to operate. I need to drive a car to pay my bills but I can not do so on an unsafe vehicle. I need a rental till the airbag can be fixed. Thanks.

- Wellford, SC, USA

Aug 312014

Wrangler

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering), 14V631000 (electrical system, visibility), and 16V352000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jul 262016

Wrangler

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Voorhees, NJ, USA

Jul 262016

Wrangler

Airbag on passenger may rupture due to excessive internal pressure...I am scared to drive my Jeep..my wife and grandchild rides in my Jeep. I can not and will not park my Jeep until someone finds time to contact me I need my car or a rental car now..I am very upset. I have not had a event at this time but I did get a letter telling me im in danger...

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Jul 222016

Wrangler

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New Hope, PA, USA

Jun 292015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. While driving various speeds, the occupant restraint control light illuminated on the instrument panel. The failure was persistent. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clock spring was failing and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V288000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 701,168.

- Crest Line, CA, USA

Jun 202016

Wrangler

The airbag light came on the other day. After reading Jeep forums I understand this is the clock spring that has a recall for older year Wrangler. I also understand that you have been notified that this is a problem with newer Wrangler and have not yet issued a recall. The vehicle has 68000 miles and this is related to safety. The vehicle was stationery when the light turned on.

- Sandwich, MA, USA

Mar 162016

Wrangler

The airbag light came on intermittently for a week. By the time I had decided to take my Jeep in for service the light no longer comes on. I checked on the internet and discovered it was a clockspring problem but since there is no error light on now, I cannot take it in for repair. How do I know my airbags are working? my blower also cuts off occasionally and then comes back on. It does this at least once a year.

- Soddy Daisy, TN, USA

Apr 112016

Wrangler

Air bag warning light noted problem with airbag while vehicle was stationary or moving. Inspection by dealer found the clockspring needed to be replaced for driver side airbag.

- Vernon Hills, IL, USA

Jan 012016

Wrangler

2012 right hand drive Jeep exhibiting all the symptoms described in recall of of other 2012 models with airbag clock problem, but VIN number does not appear in recalls. Airbag light is no longer intermittent but rather is now on continuously.

- Smithville, TX, USA

May 012016

Wrangler

Air bag light came on while driving down a local city street. Took it in to the dealership and it was diagnosed as a faulty clock spring rendering the air bag inoperable. My complaint is that NHTSA already has 2 recalls on this problem but for right hand drive Wrangler only. My Jeep has the same problem, concerning the same parts, for the same reasons the right hand drive air bag failures occurred. Jeep refuses to cover my Jeep under these recalls. NHTSA campaign number: 13V176000 and NHTSA campaign number: 11V528000

- Charlestown, IN, USA