CarComplaints.com Notes: Poor side crash test ratings from the IIHS are really no surprise.

5.6

2012 Jeep Wrangler transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Wrangler:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Aug 012013

Wrangler 6-cyl

When I first received notice of the recall for the transmission oil cooler tube problem I contacted my dealer right away, they said they would not receive parts for at least 2 months. I called again in October and was told another two months.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Oct 312013

Wrangler 6-cyl

I responded to a safety recall ( N29/NHTSA/ 13V-234 for a defective transmission oil cooler tube) received in Sept. 2013. I called the dealer and was told the part was not in stock, but would be ordered for me. Several weeks later I called again, still no part. The parts man informed me that the part was "being rationed" due to parts shortage - and that I would be contacted in the future. I asked if I was "in line" by my date of call, he said that I was. Still no contact. I do have a mysterious leak showing up on the garage floor - could it be this problem? my Jeep is a 2012 and has shown no leaks before.

- Tehachapi, CA, USA