2013 Jeep Wrangler accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Wrangler:

2013 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Feb 232015

This incident happened February 23, 2015 around 9am. It was snowing that day and the temperature was in the 20's. I was in the vehicle and had the defroster/heater turned up all the way. About 5 minutes later of sitting, I heard a popping noise. About a few seconds later of hearing this popping noise I slowly see a crack on the bottom of the driver side windshield just over 16 inches but no more than 2 feet long. I recently just moved from san diego and my Jeep has never seen snow or had experience with the cold weather before. I went on (Jeep enthusiast website) and that is where I found out that I wasn't alone. More Jeep had their windshield crack during the winter due to them turning the defroster/heater abruptly. I think there is a defect on the windshield or the insulation and needs to be addressed. Chrysler/Jeep had declined the warranty because they claim its from an external factor. And I assure you, I don't have a chip on my windshield.

- Saginaw, TX, USA