3.4

2013 Jeep Wrangler accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Wrangler:

2013 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 102014

Wrangler 6-cyl

While driving from olympia wa. To marysville wa. I turned on the vehicle defroster and my windshield cracked. There is a small rock impact toward the bottom of the windshield and the crack extends from there. The nearest dealership is trying to sell me a $650 or more replacement windshield which will not crack and the Chrysler Corp will not return E-mails or assist over the phone. I believe they are using substandard windshields which will crack upon first impact where other vehicles will not. It poses as a safety issue limiting visibility due to not being able to run my defroster. When the defroster is run the crack expands. Being in the military I personally can not afford to replace my windshield every time something bounces off of it.

- Marysville , WA, USA

Feb 022014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Sitting in vehicle and heard a loud pop from front windshield. Noticed a crack near bottom of front windshield which continued to grow in length. Vehicle was in park and not moving at time of occurrence. Heat was on in the vehicle and it was very cold outside. I have read multiple comments in forums regarding the same situation.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Jan 052014

Wrangler

Driving in the cold & snow at a speed of approximately 25 miles. Roads were snow covered we were the only ones on the road...heard a pop and noticed bottom center a crack develop and within a couple minutes we heard another pop and the windshield cracked bilateral X2.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Oct 132013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Mysterious crack on passenger side windshield about 2.5" from the bottom up and then spread about 2.5" to the right and continues to spread. No point of impact noted.

- Silver City, NM, USA

Feb 132013

Wrangler

3 months after purchasing my brand new Jeep I received a crack in the windshield at a speed of 40 mph city driving. I think it was a small stone by the sound of impact. One month after that my Jeep being 4 months old, I received another crack in the windshield while freeway driving at a speed of 60 mph, again I think a small stone hit the windshield by the sound of impact. A month later and 5 months old I received another crack in the windshield while city driving at a speed of 45 mph, again I think a small stone hit the windshield by the sound of impact. My Jeep mileage on the final crack at 5 months was 8,400 miles. I have only heard 3 stones hit my windshield, with each impact my windshield was cracked. These cracks are severe with minimal impact and obstruct visibility. There is an obvious issue with the quality of the glass/windshield in my Jeep. I have owned many vehicles without receiving one cracked windshield under the exact driving conditions over an average 5 year vehicle ownership. I cannot afford or be expected to replace a windshield every month and therefore this issue is a major safety concern.

- Chagrin Falls , OH, USA