2013 Jeep Wrangler drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Wrangler:

2013 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 11)

May 012014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. While driving at low speeds, the engine failed to accelerate when shifted from first gear to a higher gear. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000. Updated 01/09/15

- Salsbury , NC, USA

Nov 222014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle was in park, when I put it into drive, the engine shut off. Did this 4 times before I was able to keep it going. Got down the road, and when I stopped at the stop sign, engine quit again. Also Jeep would not go into drive it was stuck in neutral. After several attempts, Jeep went into drive. From there every time the vehicle stopped the engine would stall. No check engine lights came on, no warnings no nothing.

- Port Clinton , OH, USA

Sep 092013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). However, the part needed was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 12/22/14 the consumer stated the recall was completed on 11/13/14. Updated 01/07/15.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 012013

Wrangler

The hill start assist malfunctions constantly, this can stall the engine when starting out in traffic and cause excessive ware on the brakes and clutch. There are 2 switches that tell the computer when the clutch pedal is pressed. One when you first start to press in the clutch and another that tells the computer when the clutch is pressed in all the way. The hill start assist is programmed to use the switch that tells the computer when you first start to press in the clutch instead of the switch that tells the computer when the clutch pedal is fully pressed. This causes the brakes to stay locked up even after the clutch is fully engaged when starting on a hill. The computer needs to be reprogrammed to release the brakes as soon as you start to release the clutch petal before the clutch fully engages. The hill start assist should use the same switch that tells the computer the clutch is fully pressed which is the same switch that is used to prevent the vehicle from starting in gear and not the switch that tells the computer when the pedal is lightly pressed which is the switch that turns off the cruise control.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 032014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The affected parts in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited is the transmission (mileage 27,200). This event has occurred several times since the first time it was taken into the dealership in April 2014. I will be driving and the vehicle will not shift into gear (I have an automatic transmission). Doesn't matter how fast or slow I am going or if I am on flat and hilly roads. I will have to punch the gas and accelerate to 60-65 mph before the gear shifts. It scares me especially when I am only driving 30-40 mph. The RPM's will be up to 5000 and finally the vehicle will shift gears. The first time it was serviced for the problem (April 3, 2014) the mechanic did have the problem happen to him when driving my vehicle. They found a vacuum hose disconnected from the air-inlet elbow. Once they fixed that it seemed like the problem subsided briefly(3 weeks) then right back to gears not shifting. I have taken back to the dealership 2 other times now and they can not find anything wrong, of course!!! I love my Jeep, but feel very unsafe when driving it. I am not sure what I should do now, especially with the mechanic saying he cant find anything wrong.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jun 102014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Safety recall N28/NHTSA 13V-234 transmission oil cooler tube. I called as soon as I got the recall notice. The dealer told me to call back in a month or so because the item(s) were back ordered! I am calling approximately 1 1/2 months later. The part(s) is nationally back ordered! I called today, 8/14/2014 and it is still back ordered!!!! what am I supposed to do, continue driving the vehicle with the risk of crashing?!

- Rising Sun, MD, USA

Aug 082014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number 13V234000 (power train, steering) and stated that the part was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. There are no failures at this time.

- Buffalo , NY, USA

Oct 102013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). The contact stated that the vehicle was taken on three separate occasions to be repaired under the recall H oever the part was not available. The contact did experience the failure. The failure mileage was 16,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 042013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering ) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oceanside, NY, USA

Jan 022014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering)but the part was not available to perform the recall repair. The contact stated that the recall was report on June of 2013 and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Manilla, IN, USA

Jul 232014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Chrysler issued safety recall N28 and no parts are available for the repairs!!!!! I have been waiting over 4 months for repairs to be done on a 2013 model Jeep Wrangler. My warranty period will be over before the vehicle is safe to drive! I have talked to Chrysler and they do not have a time frame when the parts will be available. Help help help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Pineville, LA, USA

Sep 182013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). The dealer was contacted and stated that the vehicle was not able to be service under the recall since the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue.

- Calhoun, MO, USA

Nov 242013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled as the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart but failed to accelerate over 40 mph. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 16,529. Updated 8/27/14 the consumer stated that the dealer advised the cause of the failure was a faulty oil pump. It was replaced. This first time the failure occurred it was advised that the cpu needed to be reflashed. Updated 09/17/14

- Joliet, IL, USA

Feb 012014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact attempted to have the vehicle repaired according to NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering), but the parts were unavailable. The dealer stated that the parts were ordered over six months ago. The VIN was unavailable. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carolina, PR, USA

Jul 142014

Wrangler

I received the recall N28 early this year, I call the dealer and they don't received the part at this day ("the factory don't send the part to us (dealer) for complete the recall"), 7 month and the problem isn't repaired. For all Chrysler dealers in puerto rico.

- Caguas, PR, USA

Jul 112014

Wrangler

I keep receiving N28 safety recall notices, and every time I call my dealer to schedule an appointment, they inform me that Chrysler is not sending them enough parts and I am on a waiting list. It has been at least 8 months and I have still not have the service done to correct this recall.

- Stratford, CT, USA

Feb 012014

Wrangler

I have received safety recalls back to January of this year on getting a transmission oil cooler tube on the vehicle repaired. I have contacted the dealership every time and multiple times between notices. I was put on a long waiting list. During the past almost 7 months one time they did have the part and did schedule me for an appointment to have it repaired but I had to miss the appointment due to another conflict. I called right away to reschedule and they informed me they would have to use the part on another Jeep then. That was over 2 months ago when they then told me I was number 6 on the list and it would be about 2 weeks not 2 months. This is the egolf dealership in hendersonville, nc.

- Zirconia, NC, USA

Feb 172014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Safety recall N28/NHTSA 13V-234. Notified the dealer 4 months ago that I received a recall. They have ordered the part but still have not received it. They state that Chrysler only ships them the parts for one repair a month. If they sold only 12 Jeep a month over the 2 years the recall spans that will take them 288 years to get all the repairs done.

- Russellville, AR, USA

Jun 162014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler sport. The contact stated while driving 20 mph, the vehicle would not shift out of first gear and the power steering failed. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,000. The current mileage was 16,052.

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

May 252014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the manual clutch failed to switch gears. The failure was experienced several times. The dealer replaced the clutch. However, the failure was not corrected. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 6,858.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA