2014 Jeep Wrangler brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Wrangler:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Feb 042016

Wrangler

I was driving on I-65 on a slightly rainy day. I stopped to fill with gas and when I entered the interstate I noticed the vehicle seemed to fishtail but I thought maybe I hit a slick spot. In a short time I got behind a slow truck and when the traffic cleared I started to go around the truck accelerating normally and the vehicle fish tailed so drastically the truck driver actually moved partially onto the shoulder. I slowed and pulled off the road thinking I may have a tire going flat. Upon checking the tires I found no problem. I started back on my trip but could tell my Jeep was not feeling as it should when accelerating. When no vehicles were in sight I intentionally accelerated and the vehicle once again fish tailed. Soon I came upon slow traffic and when I applied the brakes the left rear wheel locked up and slide. When I finally got to an exit I stopped and and still could find no problem but did not shut off the engine (mistake). I continued on to my destination very cautiously. It was late and after the vehicle sat overnight it seemed to be fine and has not had a similar problem since. The problem could have easily caused an accident. I had the vehicle checked by a dealer when I returned home and no problem was found and I really felt they did not believe what I was saying. They kept it overnight and cheked it on a rainy day.

- Rossville, GA, USA

Nov 162015

Wrangler

The ABS, stability control and traction lights keep going off and also disabling the speed control while driving. So far Jeep has replaced the ABS sensors and the stability sensor twice. The car is being driven, usually going off on dry pavement. The Jeep also had the computer system shut down the vehicle with a security alert that need a computer update a few months prior.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 132015

Wrangler

Making a right hand turn at low speed, vehicle kept turning (drifting) right, attempted to correct to the left with no response, vehicle collided with a barrier post. Jeep sustained significant front suspension damage, right fender and right wheel. At time of estimate, repair shop had found that the steering box had sheared and stated that the impact should not have caused this damage. They are investigating and will know more when they begin tear down.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

May 052014

Wrangler

I was traveling on freeway 880 South in milpitas, California on Monday, May 5th at approx 8pm. The weather was clear and dry and traffic was light this evening. I was traveling to cupertino so I was making my way onto the 237 freeway, I was currently on the 237 ramp, midway thru ramp onto 237 at exactly 65 mph when the traction control failure light flashed on and the vehicle lost all power while traveling on freeway vehicle quickly went from 65 to 50mph while light was flashing. I was completely surprised and looked at my dash and immediately took my foot off the accelerator pedal in response, the light went out immediately and I reapplied throttle pedal and throttle response was normal. This is the 3rd time traction control light has come on my vehicle improperly on my vehicle in 3,807 miles of driving. I have taken to dealer 4 times now for repair and they are unable to duplicate and unable to repair condition. Jeep refuses to take vehicle back but allows vehicle to be out in the hands of the consumer while I have to perform a lemon law complaint. Mark my words NHTSA and Chrysler corporation, this vehicle will cause an accident and Chrysler will be responsible because they were advised.

- Fremont, CA, USA