5.5

2014 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Wrangler:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Sep 302015

Wrangler

When pumping gas, the fill tank will fill up and overflow, causing gas to spill out all over the vehicle. The has been going on for the last 60,000 miles. Every other Jeep model has had this fuel filter recalled, except the newer Wrangler. Gas pumping take over 10 minutes to fill overtime. When taken to the dealer, they charged me $90 to tell me the filter need replacing and would like another $89 to do so.

- Rollingstone, MN, USA

Nov 302015

Wrangler

I purchased my Jeep Wrangler sport 2014 with less than 9000 miles on it, drove from fl to co twice. Second time I got to co, car started leaking oil and hasn't stopped since (6+ months). Also, when I accelerate something smells like it's burning. Oil light will not turn off.

- Centennial, CO, USA

Aug 232015

Wrangler

Went to start car from off position. Engine starts and stalls. Does this 3 times until it doesn't start anymore.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Apr 162015

Wrangler

I had a cracked oil filter housing adapter that caused a big oil leak.

- Liberty, MO, USA

Apr 072015

Wrangler 6-cyl

Purchased vehicle 3/31/15. Put 400 miles on vehicle and noticed burning oil smell. Checked underneath and noticed significant oil leak all around engine coming from the upper part of engine. Took into shop and they diagnosed problem of the oil filter adaptor part#68105583aa being cracked and oil pumping out of it. They called dealership(dewayne lane) in wa and they advised they "had plenty of those parts". mechanic then said, "oh! it's a recall then." Dealer then stated, "ahhhhhhh....no-but we sure replace a lot of those."

- Ketchikan, AK, USA

Dec 082013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Everytime I fill up the tank of my 2014 Jeep Wrangler it spurts out gas and overflows spilling gas all over myself and the ground, which causes safety and bioenvironmental hazards. I have tried gas pumps at numerous other gas stations and I get the same results everytime. Wanting to investigate the issue behind why this is happening I went online and found multiple other cases with other mopar customers. Some people have had the issue fixed by having the gas tank replaced, but in some cases the issue returned.

- Eielson Afb, AK, USA