2015 Jeep Wrangler drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Manual transmission shifter: Started vehicle after parked for 1 hour, shifter suddenly became loose with no warning or gradual wear. Shifter hits center console requiring operator to rotate the entire shifting lever, which does not stay in place. Shifter fails to reach 1st and 2nd gears, or 5th/6th/reverse depending on rotation. This problem caused operator to stall in busy intersection.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jun 152016

The shifter rolls over and hits the center console on my manual transmission. The defective shifter part # 52060062af is replaced with part # 52060062ag. At the moment the dealership says the part cannot be located anywhere in the Continental U.S. this is a major issue that needs to be issued a recall before someone die in a wreck because they are unable to shift the transmission.

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 282015

While driving at city speeds, Jeep suddenly shifts into first gear, causing vehicles behind me to suddenly swerve in order to avoid hitting my vehicle. I purchased the Jeep in April 2015, and it has been happening since I've owned the vehicle. I have had this in the dealership four times and they have not been able to figure out the problem. They have replaced the console shift, did updates and re-programmed the tires. This has occurred intermittently since I've owned the vehicle and they have not been able to solve the problem or tell me why it occurs. It makes me nervous to drive the vehicle and I am afraid for the safety of my family and I. I've been in a loaner for 2 weeks now and they want me to come pick up my vehicle. I fear for the safety of me and anyone in my vehicle should I be hit from behind.

- Mason, MI, USA

Sep 012015

Trouble shifting into 4th gear, grinding, sent into repair for 17 days, returned it the next day with the same complaint, started second guessing myself after a few weeks problem became worst, every attempt to shift it to to 4 gear it would not engaged unless forced into gear

- National Park, NJ, USA

Feb 032016

Vehicle routinely (once every 2-3 week occurrence) pops out of 1st gear (standard transmission) when accelerating from a dead stop. Local dealership, falls motor city (where I bought the Jeep) tells me they have to reproduce the issue in order to address it. This is an important safety issue as the gear pops into neutral while trying to accelerate out of 1st gear and I feel the dealership is not taking it seriously by their lack of willingness to investigate beyond a cursory test drive.

- Munroe Falls, OH, USA

Nov 012015

Jeep starts vibarating at 1500 RPM as soon as it shifts into 4th gear ( moan groan bad bearing out of balance) at 58mph 2000 RPM its quite noticeable at 65 mph 2200rpm its bad it does it on all road surfaces its been this way since new.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA