7.0

2015 Jeep Wrangler drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 122016

Wrangler

2015 Wrangler jku sporadic stalling on both highway and residential streets. Was recently serviced for oil change and software update. Also stalled while Jeep was idol for 20 minutes but able to restart it. When it stalled...instrument panel lights up and Jeep stalls. Can restart in hour with check engine light. Dealer not able to reproduce stalling after testing for 10 miles. This has happened 3 times. Dropped off at dealer again this morning.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Nov 072016

Wrangler

Two weeks ago the Jeep failed to shift out of gear on the highway while driving to work. Prior to this it was not displaying any issues. Luckily I was able to coast to a stop in the breakdown lane and called for a tow back to the dealership. Later that day I received a call from a service manager, roger that the clutch was worn out and required replacement. I was shocked that a vehicle that is less than a year old with less that 18K miles would need a clutch since about all I do with it is drive to work. He explained that this is a wear part and not under the warrantee since I was over 12K miles. Later the next day they called me down to the dealership to examine the full extent of the damage. The clutch just didnżT wear it shredded itself apart causing a catastrophic failure in the transmission. The mechanic (who seemed to know what he was talking about) explained that based on the flywheel condition that this was not a case of gradual wear but a sudden failure that damaged the flywheel and transmission housing. He was basing that assessment on the fact that the flywheel was not worn at all and showed me what a worn flywheel would look like. Upon hearing that I insisted that this should be a warranty covered repair as it sounded like a manufacturer's defect that caused this and certainly nothing Iżve done. Basically the clutch exploded and caused this. I've posted this story on a few Jeep forums and found a few other Jeep owners that were told the same this. Its about time fca take responsibility for this and issue a recall before anyone gets hurt.

- Grantham, NH, USA

Nov 102016

Wrangler

After a couple of weeks we noticed water all on the passenger side of the vehicle after raining. I asked the salesman about the leaks and he stated all Jeep do that..carpets continued to get soaked and cannot see where it is leaking so I asked the maintenance tech after our first oil change and I was told to pull the plug under the carpet and drain the water..I again was told it was normal for a Jeep to leak..approx March 2016 the wife was fed up with the water pouring in and the smell of mildew of the carpet due to leakage. She went to the dealer and complained. She was told we had to make an appointment which would be beyond a month and they would keep it for a spell. No rental or loaner...I work out of town and getting it in on appointment is not always feasable being my wife is on disability and needs a vehicle. Since then the passenger seatbelt has stuck on numerous occasion and cannot be operated properly.the problem seems to be latch sticking and not releasing. My wife mentioned to me since she drives it more than me, that it pulls and has been for a long time. When I received a letter from Chrysler around Oct 15th I sent in negative words of all these issues and when I got a call about these issues I received a call from bonnie a case manager and we talked. She said to get it to the dealer for repairs and if I had any other issuesto call her back and gave me a case number. I contacted the dealer but no repairs yet. They say wait for appointment. I did go to the recall website and noticed others having a weather issue, a few seatbelts and also the so called death wobble. I asked the wife for the full symptoms and to my surprise it is the known death wobble.she said it will shake violantly after 60mph and then jump out of gear, pop into nuetral. Has happened she said 3 times this year. Jeep has never been offroad and top has never been off..

- Marianna, FL, USA

May 302015

Wrangler

My vehicle would make a moaning noise when going into drive and reverse. It took Chrysler over a year to listen to me and replace the transmission. Once it was replaced, I have not heard the noise so far. This noise would occur when the vehicle was stationary but also would occur if I was stopped and started moving again.

- Hicksville, NY, USA

Jul 202016

Wrangler

Manual transmission shifter: Started vehicle after parked for 1 hour, shifter suddenly became loose with no warning or gradual wear. Shifter hits center console requiring operator to rotate the entire shifting lever, which does not stay in place. Shifter fails to reach 1st and 2nd gears, or 5th/6th/reverse depending on rotation. This problem caused operator to stall in busy intersection.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jun 152016

Wrangler

The shifter rolls over and hits the center console on my manual transmission. The defective shifter part # 52060062af is replaced with part # 52060062ag. At the moment the dealership says the part cannot be located anywhere in the Continental U.S. this is a major issue that needs to be issued a recall before someone die in a wreck because they are unable to shift the transmission.

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 282015

Wrangler

While driving at city speeds, Jeep suddenly shifts into first gear, causing vehicles behind me to suddenly swerve in order to avoid hitting my vehicle. I purchased the Jeep in April 2015, and it has been happening since I've owned the vehicle. I have had this in the dealership four times and they have not been able to figure out the problem. They have replaced the console shift, did updates and re-programmed the tires. This has occurred intermittently since I've owned the vehicle and they have not been able to solve the problem or tell me why it occurs. It makes me nervous to drive the vehicle and I am afraid for the safety of my family and I. I've been in a loaner for 2 weeks now and they want me to come pick up my vehicle. I fear for the safety of me and anyone in my vehicle should I be hit from behind.

- Mason, MI, USA

Sep 012015

Wrangler

Trouble shifting into 4th gear, grinding, sent into repair for 17 days, returned it the next day with the same complaint, started second guessing myself after a few weeks problem became worst, every attempt to shift it to to 4 gear it would not engaged unless forced into gear

- National Park, NJ, USA

Feb 032016

Wrangler

Vehicle routinely (once every 2-3 week occurrence) pops out of 1st gear (standard transmission) when accelerating from a dead stop. Local dealership, falls motor city (where I bought the Jeep) tells me they have to reproduce the issue in order to address it. This is an important safety issue as the gear pops into neutral while trying to accelerate out of 1st gear and I feel the dealership is not taking it seriously by their lack of willingness to investigate beyond a cursory test drive.

- Munroe Falls, OH, USA

Nov 012015

Wrangler

Jeep starts vibarating at 1500 RPM as soon as it shifts into 4th gear ( moan groan bad bearing out of balance) at 58mph 2000 RPM its quite noticeable at 65 mph 2200rpm its bad it does it on all road surfaces its been this way since new.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA