7.4

2015 Jeep Wrangler engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Wrangler

I keep getting a stability control light and that causes the ecb light too pop and then I have no steering wheel controls. This all started after I tried to superchip my 2015 Jeep Wrangler. Sense then my Jeep has been in a local shop for about a month and they have had the brain reflashed and have changed gears for the 4inch lift and much much more. I was driving 65mph when the stability control first tries to take control of the vehicle, talk about scary...anyone out there have this or similar issues, please help.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 012015

Wrangler

Between the dates of 3/20 and 8/1 my 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited (4dr, 4X4) has been experiencing intermittent cel P0340 while pulling a grade. When the cel occur the vehicle loses significant power and is unable to maintain speed. The traction control system lights come on indicating an error. During this time the vehicle will not accelerate to a safe speed and the traction control systems are not functioning. The vehicle will return to normal operation after turning the key to off then back on. If this is done while moving intermittently the car's security system will engage and the vehicle will not start back up. I have had the vehicle for warranty repair 5 times with this issue. Each time the problem is said to be resolved, but occurs almost immediately.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jul 012015

Wrangler

Driving on a four lane highway around 2pm. I had been driving for a solid hour on the same highway when my Jeep suddenly accelerated. The gas pedal proceeded to the floor even while I tapped and pressed pumping my brakes. I recall an initial odd feeling underfoot prior to the climbing acceleration. I felt the pedal pull away directly after I felt a vibration underfoot. I was not using cruise control nor was it engaged. The engine was cycling loudly and the RPM gauge was climbing in the red, I had no car mat in place because I spilled a protein shake a week earlier and it still smelled. I still checked visually to see if something somehow was obstructing the pedal. I had my hands on the top of the wheel per usual comfort spots. I was like, wait...what the hell is happening?? I had to press as hard as I could on the brakes while pulling the emergency brake up slowly to bring the open throttled car to a stop. I noticed just before turning off the car a red lightning bolt appeared on the dashboard. My new car was 4 weeks new to our family. I am an experienced driver who owned Jeep before in 1989. The gas pedal was so tightly pressed into the floor I could not get the tip of my shoe under to pull it up. I was taken for a death ride for 10 minutes. The car smelled like burning motor! if there was traffic this day I cannot think of the repercussions.

- Medway, MA, USA