2015 Jeep Wrangler miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

May 192016

This vehicle, while sitting in a driveway, engine off for at least 1/2 hour, had a fire start in the engine compartment and cause the vehicle to be a total burn. Chrysler investigator ruled that it was not a "manufacturing defect." I have many pictures of the fire event and after fire remains. I have been in the retail automotive business for 30+ years. I also was a public speaker for Chrysler Corp as well. Had my son not stopped at a friends house for dinner, that fire would have occurred in my garage!! it is criminal with so many similar complaints found online, that they would continue to take this position.

- Bryan, OH, USA

Sep 012015

Our Jeep goes into a violent shake which makes it very difficult to control just to pull off the road and stop the vehicle. We found out this is called the Jeep death wobble. It started very soon after we purchased the vehicle and it still does it.

- Gatesville, TX, USA

Feb 122016

Right out of the factory I had a transmission problem I took it in the fourth gear synchronizer was bad and the shaft had it replaced now with 15000 miles in it the engine is knocking and the trans is screeching when I let the clutch out back to the dealership again on Tuesday its very unfortunate paying 40 grand for a vehicle that's broken right out of the dealer

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jan 012016

Wake up in middle of the night and the Jeep was already in fire. Parked for 7-8 hrs lonely in driveway. Ps: I'm come from Ontario Canada... 5 mccarthy St po box 207 chalk river Ontario Canada K0J 1J0 idk why U don't have Canada in ur choice of state. Thx for any more information about the fire let me know cheers matt

- Chalk River, NY, USA

Jan 012015

The regulation requiring headrests to tilt forward is ridiculous and causes me significant neck discomfort. I have to lean the driver's seat back farther than I want so that the headrest doesn't push my head forward. Stupid beauricratic regulation.

- Searcy, AR, USA

Dec 072015

There is a distinct delay between pressing the horn button (steering wheel) and activation/sounding of the horn. This delay can be over 1 second. This has been brought to the dealership's attention. They claim that it is working properly, when clearly it is not. Many times, I have tried to "beep" the horn to either avoid an incident, or otherwise, and it has never reacted as necessary.

- River Vale, NJ, USA

Sep 302015

Engine problems: Starting summer 2015 engine shuts off while driving, accelerating, slowing down, stopped engine will not go back into gear engine loses power when accelerating or cruising brought into dealership (purchase location) approximately August 19th 2015 released September 2nd 2015 problems persisted brought into different dealership approximately September 14th 2015 released approximately September 26th problems persisted brought into dealership September 30th 2015 still in custody as of October 8th on September 29th, I was taking an on ramp for an interstate. The ramp is an uphill, hair pin turn that then turns into an off-ramp for oncoming traffic. I have never experienced an issue accelerating and merging into the interstate traffic here. However, this afternoon I was not able to get the acceleration that I expected. When I ran out of ramp room, I would have needed to slow down significantly in order to allow the side by side tractor trailers to go by. However, because of other cars that were behind me on the on-ramp, that was not an option without possibly causing an accident. So I merged with as much power as I could get, which was not enough. The closest tractor trailing came barreling down upon me quickly with horn blaring. On September 30th, just a couple miles away from the dealership, I was the first in line at a red light. The Jeep shut off. I could not get it back into gear. It just remained in neutral no matter which gear I tried to put it in. I shifted in and out of park and other gears turned the vehicle off and back on many times. A few times drive would engage but then the engine would shut off again after a few feet. I finally got it into gear and accelerated quickly hoping to cover a greater distance and it worked. I was able to finish my trip to the dealership.

- Pisgah Forest, NC, USA

Sep 172015

About 30 minutes after midnight on a Thursday morning I was awoke by the sound of my dog barking and my sister walking into my room telling me there was a large glow in the driveway. After walking outside, we found my brand new 2015 Wrangler on fire with very large flames erupting from the hood. We quickly woke the rest of my family and rushed frantically to put it out. An hour later, after nearby neighbors arrived to help, and emergency services arrived to put out the fire (local fire department and police) the vehicle fire was doused and the Jeep was hauled off my property to a local towing yard. The fire seemed to have started around the battery area, but the source has yet to be determined. The fire claimed the entire engine compartment, most of the drivers dash board and drivers interior, and the entire front left tire/trim.

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

Jul 222015

I was driving my Jeep on my property and had stopped for a moment. Next thing I know it was on fire and it spread so quickly I had no choice but leave the vehicle and call the fire department. I was lucky to be able to get out.

- Altus, OK, USA