7.2

2015 Jeep Wrangler steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 102016

Wrangler

After a couple of weeks we noticed water all on the passenger side of the vehicle after raining. I asked the salesman about the leaks and he stated all Jeep do that..carpets continued to get soaked and cannot see where it is leaking so I asked the maintenance tech after our first oil change and I was told to pull the plug under the carpet and drain the water..I again was told it was normal for a Jeep to leak..approx March 2016 the wife was fed up with the water pouring in and the smell of mildew of the carpet due to leakage. She went to the dealer and complained. She was told we had to make an appointment which would be beyond a month and they would keep it for a spell. No rental or loaner...I work out of town and getting it in on appointment is not always feasable being my wife is on disability and needs a vehicle. Since then the passenger seatbelt has stuck on numerous occasion and cannot be operated properly.the problem seems to be latch sticking and not releasing. My wife mentioned to me since she drives it more than me, that it pulls and has been for a long time. When I received a letter from Chrysler around Oct 15th I sent in negative words of all these issues and when I got a call about these issues I received a call from bonnie a case manager and we talked. She said to get it to the dealer for repairs and if I had any other issuesto call her back and gave me a case number. I contacted the dealer but no repairs yet. They say wait for appointment. I did go to the recall website and noticed others having a weather issue, a few seatbelts and also the so called death wobble. I asked the wife for the full symptoms and to my surprise it is the known death wobble.she said it will shake violantly after 60mph and then jump out of gear, pop into nuetral. Has happened she said 3 times this year. Jeep has never been offroad and top has never been off..

- Marianna, FL, USA

Feb 292016

Wrangler

My Jeep has 15000 miles and for the past year I has been suffering what is call the "death wobble". the car all the sudden will start shaking uncontrollable making it very hard to control the steering. I took it to westgate Jeep service in raleigh nc. They said nothing is wrong with it but it keeps doing it. I'm taking back this week. The death wobble starts when I go over an even section of the road and usually at a speed over 60 mph. The only way it stops is bringing the speed to almost 30 mph making very dangerous in the highway

- Creedmoor, NC, USA

Aug 012015

Wrangler

Between the dates of 3/20 and 8/1 my 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited (4dr, 4X4) has been experiencing intermittent cel P0340 while pulling a grade. When the cel occur the vehicle loses significant power and is unable to maintain speed. The traction control system lights come on indicating an error. During this time the vehicle will not accelerate to a safe speed and the traction control systems are not functioning. The vehicle will return to normal operation after turning the key to off then back on. If this is done while moving intermittently the car's security system will engage and the vehicle will not start back up. I have had the vehicle for warranty repair 5 times with this issue. Each time the problem is said to be resolved, but occurs almost immediately.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jun 292015

Wrangler

6-speed manual: While stopped at lights, crossing intersections, and normal driving on roads, day/night and warm/cold, engine stops for 2-10 seconds. It has stopped when passing other vehicles requiring full break application to avoid oncoming traffic. In intersections and when the clutch was pushed in to help coast through intersection, there was no power steering to help turn the wheels! the dealerships insist that there is no problem and engine could not cut out while driving? this engine problem has occurred at least 30-40 times.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jun 172015

Wrangler

I recently purchased a new Jeep rubicon unlimited and had the dealer install a mopar 4 inch factory approved lift kit. The kit has a lot of issues with it and not a whole lot of answers to fix them. I was driving the vehicle with my 13 year old daughter in the passenger seat when the steering wheel started to shake uncontrollably and we headed into oncoming traffic. I was able to get control of the Jeep only by slamming on the brakes and turning away from the oncoming traffic. The dealership has been very helpful with trying to answer my questions but they are now saying this is a mopar parts issue and they are in a holding pattern until they can get some answers. I called mopar and they said it is the dealers responsibility and Chrysler has the final say about the repair process. The Jeep has less than 800 miles on it and I'm in a rental minivan. Too cool !!!!!! list of issues : alignment castor cannot be corrected to factory specs due to lack of adjustment. Front axle is not centered due to lack of adjustment steering drag link digs into inside of wheel and knocks off the balance weights. The track bar bracket is not strong enough and has bent allowing the stabilizer and track bar to have excessive play. These issues all deal with the steering components and was caused by the installation of this lift kit.

- Morrisville, PA, USA

Dec 232014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Wrangler. While driving at approximately 70 mph over a pothole, the contact lost control of the vehicle. In addition, the steering wheel veered to the right and seized. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000.

- Cymour, IN, USA