7.4

2015 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Feb 292016

Wrangler

My Jeep has 15000 miles and for the past year I has been suffering what is call the "death wobble". the car all the sudden will start shaking uncontrollable making it very hard to control the steering. I took it to westgate Jeep service in raleigh nc. They said nothing is wrong with it but it keeps doing it. I'm taking back this week. The death wobble starts when I go over an even section of the road and usually at a speed over 60 mph. The only way it stops is bringing the speed to almost 30 mph making very dangerous in the highway

- Creedmoor, NC, USA

Jun 172015

Wrangler

I recently purchased a new Jeep rubicon unlimited and had the dealer install a mopar 4 inch factory approved lift kit. The kit has a lot of issues with it and not a whole lot of answers to fix them. I was driving the vehicle with my 13 year old daughter in the passenger seat when the steering wheel started to shake uncontrollably and we headed into oncoming traffic. I was able to get control of the Jeep only by slamming on the brakes and turning away from the oncoming traffic. The dealership has been very helpful with trying to answer my questions but they are now saying this is a mopar parts issue and they are in a holding pattern until they can get some answers. I called mopar and they said it is the dealers responsibility and Chrysler has the final say about the repair process. The Jeep has less than 800 miles on it and I'm in a rental minivan. Too cool !!!!!! list of issues : alignment castor cannot be corrected to factory specs due to lack of adjustment. Front axle is not centered due to lack of adjustment steering drag link digs into inside of wheel and knocks off the balance weights. The track bar bracket is not strong enough and has bent allowing the stabilizer and track bar to have excessive play. These issues all deal with the steering components and was caused by the installation of this lift kit.

- Morrisville, PA, USA