2.0

2004 Kia Amanti brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Amanti:

2004 Kia Amanti Owner Comments

Jul 192012

Amanti 6-cyl

My check engine light comes on and my car loses power fast no matter what speed I am going. I put my foot on the gas and the RPM's go up and I am only able to drive at a speed of 20mph. At times my car will drive at a normal speed and the check engine light will be on.its very strange. I've taken it to the dealer and they said that it needed a new catalytic converter. It was replaced under warranty. One week later the same symptoms and another out of pocket expense of over $1,000 and another part. The problem still exists months later. Each time with a different diagnosis by the dealer. My mechanic diagnosed the problem when it first happened with his meter and it read electronic throttle body. I told this to the dealer months ago and thousands of dollars ago.

- Dallas, PA, USA