2004 Kia Amanti miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Amanti:

2004 Kia Amanti Owner Comments

Jun 042010

Amanti

While parking in front of a coffee shop as I applied the brake to stop, the right side of my right shoe was over the gas pedal causing the car to continue forward striking a cement ashtray on the sidewalk pushing it into plate glass window.

- Lynn, MA, USA

Jun 042010

- Lynn, MA, USA

Jan 042010

Amanti

I am an original owner of a 2004 Kia Amanti with only 23000miles. My car has accelerated on its own such as the Toyota recent recall. Kia headquarters claim they've never heard of this problem.meanwhile if U go to website www.ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov you will see hundreds of people complaining about the same problem with their Kia Amanti. I got the car fixed but I don't feel safe.$1137.94 later Kia kept car entire week. Kia service tech&advisor explained it was an electronic problem with the accelerator position sensor failure. What is it going to take before for someone investigates Kia Amanti? sadly I regret spending so much on high end foreign vehicle. I had to change/purchase twice front wheel new tires. Numerous times in the winter my battery goes completely dead. I 'm frustrated as Kia headquarters isn't being held responsible for gas acceleration, an issue that is a safety hazard. Please can someone at NHTSA finally take action before someone gets killed.

- Yonkers, NY, USA