2005 Kia Amanti engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Amanti:

2005 Kia Amanti Owner Comments

Dec 302015

The contact owns a 2005 Kia Amanti. While driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it remained for thirty days for investigation. The ECM was replaced. A few weeks after the repair, the failure recurred. The mechanic stated that the replacement part was faulty. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired for the second time. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 49,814.

- Carson, CA, USA

Mar 192014

Since purchasing my 2005 Kia Amanti air bag light has been on; the vehicle has never experienced an impact which would cause the airbags to deploy neither have any of the airbag components ever been tampered with. The throttle control of the vehicle is extremely sporadic and often causes hesitation, lurching, no acceleration, and even loss of all power. I have had the dealership update the ECM and the tps replace but the problem still persisted. I noticed the throttle body plate was extremely difficult to actuate so I then purchased another throttle body and replaced my older one. Everything functioned as should be expected up until approx. 3 months ago the issues started back up again. I noticed the throttle body motor had started to become increasingly hot to the touch indicating an excessive amount of resistance within the motor circuit. Being that the problem is recurring, I feel the issue is located either within the engine wiring harness or the engine control module and it, as well as the ruined throttle body motor, need replaced at the cost of the Kia motor company. The issue can, and has, caused numerous accidents, stalling in heavy traffic as well as lurching and speeding away of vehicles. A major safety issue is present and needs to be addressed.

- Odessa, MO, USA

Feb 272015

TL contact owns a 2005 Kia Amanti. The contact stated that while waiting at a traffic light, the vehicle lunged forward without any warning. Also, the contact mentioned that all the warning lights illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 110,000. The VIN was not available.

- Sharidon, OR, USA

Jul 172012

Amanti 6-cyl

When driving the engine suddenly quits, the car jerks, and the accelerator does not work. I have to coast to the side of the road and restart the car. This is a huge safety issue since there is no warning before this happens. Another issue is the engine revving upon starting. I have to hold the brake firmly because the car will intermittently lurch either forward or back without warning. I have also had the car try to lurch forward at a stoplight. I have to keep the brake firmly depressed since it is an intermittent problem. I cannot believe this model has not been recalled. It is a definite danger to driver, passengers, and others. I have read many complaints online with regard to this problem, but still no recall. I would participate in a class action suit. I talked with the dealer and Kia and they are no help.

- Bonner Springs, KS, USA

May 172014

Amanti 6-cyl

Engine loses power as though accelerator cable broke, also on start up car often lurches forward as if in gear. Took car to Kia today and they state it is a known problem with their electronic accelerator hose, the housing that connects it to the engine melts and is no longer clipped to the engine often causing power loss because the connection is tenuous. The only fix they said would be to replace the part, but the cheap plastic they use will still melt and break off, causing another replacement needed in the future.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 052007

Amanti 6-cyl

On numerous occasions since I bought car in 2006, the car suddenly slows to 10-15 mph, you get no response from the gas pedal, then suddenly lurches forward at full throttle. Every Amanti owner I have spoken with has this issue! a driver could be easily involved in a fatal incident with this issue. This also occurs upon startup when parked. If there is a car in front of you in a parking lot, you would hit it. One owner said he had the control module "flashed" and it solved his problem. Could we please get some action on this? Kia is well aware of the problem. I tell the service advisor about it every time I'm at the dealer. I will file a giant lawsuit if I'm involved in an accident and survive. I'm in on a class action suit if anyone has one going.

- Wauchula , FL, USA

Nov 012013

Amanti 6-cyl

I have had several incidents where my vehicle accelerated almost causing an accident. I have been to the dealer three times and twice they have replaced the speed sensor. The third time they said they could not duplicate the problem.

- Detroit, MI, USA