2005 Kia Amanti engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Amanti:

2005 Kia Amanti Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 092007

Amanti 6-cyl

My Amanti was barely rolling as I pulled into a parking space. However, the moment I depressed the brake pedal, the car took off like a rocket! I looked down at the floor to be sure that I was stepping on the brake pedal and I was! when I realized the car had already taken down a sign and its pole, I thought perhaps the brakes had failed, so I stepped on the brake pedal even harder but the car continued to accelerate until it was out of control and taking me through a mass of pompous grass and out the other side into an empty strip of land. After going through the pompous grass, the car spun to the left towards the tree lined parking strip. I panicked not knowing where the car was going to take me next or how I could stop it. Suddenly it occurred to me that perhaps if I could turn the key off, it would shut the engine down. I prayed that it would work and thank god it did. As soon as the car came to a stop I got out of the car, shaking and crying. Other than being towed for diagnosis, the car has not been driven since. CEO of Kia in Korea did not acknowledge letters, manufacturer in us does not acknowledge problem, and dealer will do nothing! we are paying for this car and are unable to drive it! it's unsafe! we now have it in legal process.

- Millen, GA, USA

Apr 182007

Amanti 6-cyl

Shortly after getting the car, it intermittently would fail to accelerate when the accelerator was pushed. By pushing it all the way to the floor it sometimes would then accelerate excessively, or by letting up on the accelerator and reapplying it a similar event would happen. Sometimes the car just muddles along very slowly in traffic until one of the above actions is taken, and sometimes pushing to the floor still does not make it accelerate. This has occurred in traffic at times causing an unsafe event due to surprise when expecting to clear traffic etc. Early on it was returned to dealer on at least two occasions for lengths of several days each time and we also involved company reps, but they offered no solution but said it seemed to be fine. Car continues to act up and notice that others have complained of a similar event on a website we monitor.

- Bargersville, IN, USA

Jun 042006

Amanti 6-cyl

The vehicle has had sporadic problems with 'jack rabbiting', when pressing the accelerator pedal. With a light touch to the gas pedal, the jars literally jumps forward. In each case, it takes about three touches to the gas pedal, to get to 'normal driving. It is a fast acceleration, which causes the tires to 'screech' sometimes and the car to jump forward. The second item that started happening is that the car appeared to be stuck in first and would not shift. The car would not accelerate. This has now caused me to also get run over twice, due to not being able to accelerate. Another problem appeared yesterday. I applied the brake and the car would not immediately stop. The engine revved up, not fast, but it was enough to keep the car moving for a short distance, before it stopped. It scared the hell out of me. I have never experienced something like that with a vehicle.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Aug 222006

Amanti 6-cyl

My 2005 Kia Amanti has an intermittent problem with the accelerator, after backing up, when the car is put into drive and the gas pedal depressed, nothing happens. The car will not accelerate, even when the pedal is depressed all the way to the floor. The engine does not rev; the car just idles and won't accelerate. At other times, the slightest touch of the gas pedal can cause the car to lurch forward briefly. I have taken it to the Kia dealership three times. They say they have never heard of this problem, although if I google "Amanti accelerator problems" I find dozens of complaints about this. My dealer insists that until they can duplicate the problem at the dealership there is nothing that can be done. I am concerned that this may cause an accident and would like to get this fixed, if I only knew how.

- St. Augustine, FL, USA

Apr 252006

Amanti 6-cyl

: the contact stated while attempting to apply pressure to the accelerator pedal the vehicle hesitated. This occurred intermittently. The vehicle has been taken to the dealership three times for inspection. They were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was alerted.

- Grants Pass, OR, USA