7.7

2009 Kia Borrego brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Borrego:

2009 Kia Borrego Owner Comments

Aug 052010

Borrego

On my new Kia Borrego, 2009 with 6000 miles on it. While driving on the high way I was trying to stop quickly from 70 miles to avoid hitting the car in the front of me who suddenly stop due to some construction on the high way. I hit the brake very hard. The car start pulsating and shaking very hard. It was almost impossible to control the steering wheel. It was a horrifying moment before finally the car speed went to about 15 miles. When I tried to catch the traffic flow again, I pressed the gas paddle, however it the car felt very very heavy like I was dragging a train behind me, and the ESC light kept flashing in the dash board. I had to put the transmission handle from the auto mode to the manual mode. When I did that, I found the transmission was stuck and locked on the 4th speed. I had to pull the transmission handle back to the 1st speed then to the second before the car was able to run again, then I put the transmission on auto again. Dealer said it was a pad brake rotors and had to change all 4 of them. There was burning smell coming from the front brake sides and a lot of black dust covering the 4 whiles rems, dealer said it is a brake dust. Then they did upgrade to the computer regarding the transmission. That was the first time I have problem with the brake but the second time I have problem with the transmission. Very scary and unsafe.

- Detroit, MI, USA