2.6

2009 Kia Borrego electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Borrego:

2009 Kia Borrego Owner Comments

Mar 202014

Borrego 6-cyl

In late March, our 2009 Kia Borrego ex would not start, although the battery was strong and all accessories worked. We almost always park in our garage, and the car gets used a lot on a daily basis. My wife had driven it a couple hours earlier. We had it towed to the dealer where they pulled error code P1656 - authentication failure off the electronic module. We had to have all of our keys reprogrammed to the car. The dealership was not able to offer any explanation for the error. My concern is that we could have been stranded off in the boondocks or some other location. I am also concerned that the car could shut down while we are driving it, creating a serious problem, especially at high speeds.

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Mar 112014

Borrego 6-cyl

While driving at 60 miles an hour suddenly ABS, vehicle stability icon, break icon, engine icon, cruise control turned on and speedometer failed and showed speed of zero while I am still going at same speed of 60. Few seconds later all icons disappeared as I prepared to stop so I kept driving till destination. Once car was turned on again at destination, above icons came on, had car towed to Kia dealership. Main electronic control module failed and was replaced without charge by Kia. Not clear what might have caused total failure of main ECM.

- Middleburg Heights, OH, USA

Jan 152013

Borrego 6-cyl

Front lamp - headlight components stopped functioning after flicking on and off for over a year due to an electrical issue. When uncovered it was revealed that the interior of the front lamp headlight component had sustained an electrical melt down rendering the unit useless and unable to replace individual wires or single components and in order to correct the problem the only solution was to replace the entire front bumper - bumper components on the R & I front bumper upper cover and R & I front bumper lower cover for a total cost of $468.43. This situation renders a possible fire hazard situation and over-costs in replacing a simple part by having to purchase an entire section of the vehicle not pertains to the isolated issue.

- Flushing , NY, USA

Jan 282014

Borrego

The contact owns a 2009 Kia Borrego. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph, the contact activated the headlight and the engine stalled. The contact also stated that every light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,000.

- Middletown, DE, USA

Aug 082010

Borrego

The contact owns a 2009 Kia Borrego. The contact stated she was unable to start the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer six times and they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 8,200 and the current mileage was 12,115.

- Davenport , IA, USA