2014 Kia Cadenza body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Cadenza:

2014 Kia Cadenza Owner Comments

Mar 092016

While traveling on an interstate - during a rain storm - traveling around 65-70mph - and other vehicles in front of, beside, and behind me - out of nowhere (not big bumps being hit ) there was a sudden boom which sounded like a shotgun going off. This was very alarming and scared the daylights out of me. Luckily I was able to gain composure to notice that my sunroof had exploded as glass continued to come down into the car. I was able to pull over (still in pouring rain) and eventually make it to a bridge where I could shield the rain to see what happened. Once out of the car, it was evident that the sliding sunroof of my panoramic roof had exploded upward. I awaited a tow truck to tow the vehicle to closest dealer (an hour away - in the pouring rain which soaked the interior.) I knew that it had to be some type of defect since the explosion went upward. Upon researching the internet, it appears that this type of defect has happened as far back as 2010. Kia is looking to replace the sunroof under warranty which is probably the same defective sunroof. I do not have any confidence in this car and would not allow my family to be in this car moving forward. It is such an alarming situation and could happen so spontaneously, it is only a matter of time until more devastating accidents could occur. After this experience, I am lucky that it was me driving - not my wife or my kids. It would have been a totally different outcome. Other manufactures have addressed their issue with panoramic roofs, but Kia continues to deny they have a problem. Kia should buy back these cars as they are a safety hazard for not only those in the car, but for any motorist around them. These vehicles should be recalled, and if they continue to sell vehicles with this characteristic, they should have to provide a disclaimer to warn buyers.

- Spring Branch, TX, USA

Apr 262014

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Cadenza. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the driver side of the contact's vehicle. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a fractured neck and the passenger sustained back injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side fender and rear of the vehicle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 8,652. Updated 2/4/16

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA

Jun 172015

I was driving on the hwy and my sunroof spontaneously shattered. I do not think a rock hit it but if it did it should not have shattered. I was told by the dealer that it had happened before but when I arrived to the dealership he then looked and the sunroof and said that it looked as if it had been struck by a rock and that they would have to do an investigation. I then told him that if a rock hit it, it still should not have busted and shattered the way it did. He said it has something to so with cabin pressure. So then if that is the case every time a rock hits it then it will bust and shatter?

- Littlefield, TX, USA