3.2

2010 Kia Forte engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Forte:

2010 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jun 182014

Forte

I was driving through a reduced speed zone of 35 mph and went to set my cruise control, about 3-5 seconds later I felt the car go dead. I lost power steering and all electrical systems. My indicator lights were on and flickering and I had no control over the vehicle other than waning off to the side of the road to get out of the way of traffic. Once my car came to a stop I proceeded to turn off the ignition. I tried starting it and the engine turned a couple of times but went dead so I turned it off. I tried one more time to start the ignition and was only barely able to get the engine to start and maintain. I went off on my way and later on my way home I stopped to get food and when I got back in my car I tried starting it and it struggled to start. I have only had my car for 1.5 years and only in the past couple months experienced problems with my cruise control not activating and setting to my current speed.

- Towson, MD, USA

May 072014

Forte 4-cyl

Turned vehicle on, put in reverse, as I pressed gas to back out of driveway and first started moving, the vehicle died. I was half in road and tried to restart car and it would not start, engine wont run. Had to push car to side of roadway for safety. Called roadside assistance through my insurance to tow car to my fathers garage. The car is not pumping fuel to the engine. It is not the fuel pump, but a faulty fuel pump assembly system and the whole system needs to be replaced. The wire harness in the fuel pump assembly is a bad connection causing it to overheat and damage the terminal. Called Kia of middletown NY where car was purchased and they will not release any information regarding any recalls or warranty information on my vehicle even with me providing all information on my vehicle unless I now tow the vehicle to middletown NY and its physically there. They do not seem to take the complaint seriously.

- Liberty, NY, USA

Oct 142013

Forte 4-cyl

ESC light stays on, brake lights don't work, and cruise control works sporadically, all fuses are working, a quick google search reflects that the a faulty brake light switch might be the cause, which in fact it was.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

May 152010

Forte

I just bought a Kia Forte 5 speed manual transmission. So far when the car had 425 miles on it, the gas pedal has acted like it was depressed--the engine revved up very high, but my foot was not on the pedal. My daughter was also driving and it also happened to her, it felt as if the gas pedal was stuck. I checked to see if there was anything covering the pedal---maybe the rug or something but there was nothing there. I took it back to the dealer and they found nothing wrong with the computer diagnostics they ran and sent me home. The car has about 800 miles on it now and I haven't experienced any other such problems, yet. I am an experienced manual transmission driver and I do not accept that this was driver error. The times this happened to me my right foot was completely off the gas pedal and my left foot was depressing the clutch fully.

- Mooresville, NC, USA