2010 Kia Forte miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Forte:

2010 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jul 152015

Forte

I was pulling out of a parking spot vertically when I needed to give the car some gas rather than just lift foot off brake to get out of spot. The car delayed--would not accelerate. I tried again and it shot out rapidly uncontrollably out of the spot, side swiping the car next to me and going into a reverse figure eight swerving over parking lot and would not brake. The car ended up swerving into the back of a parked range rover as I threw my car into park since it would not stop. There was another complaint like mine on line about someone with the same model and about 38 K on car whose car acceleration did this moving going forward. I ended up with sustained injuries with body out of alignment, hip, and back pain. No one else was hurt because no one was in parking lot or cars.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jun 052015

Forte

I had had problems with the hood latch in the past. On two occasions, I was unable to get the hood open. During the incident, I was driving and the hood flew open and smashed into windshield and roof. Force caused the roof to cave in and hit me in the head. Extensive damage to hood, roof, part beside hood where hood meets windshield, windshield smashed. Please note. The car was purchased in June 2010 in manchester nh and used in New Hampshire. Now reside in Canada. The incident happened in Canada.

- Goffstown, NH, USA