3.4

2011 Kia Forte brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Forte:

2011 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Aug 252016

Forte

ESC light flashing numerous times with loss of power while on dry, straight road. Vehicle in for repairs found a connection and electrical problem. Did not fix problem. Had Kia tech in and certified the vehicle as safe. This was in September and October 2015. The same indications and power loss occurred again in August and September 2016. In every case it happened in traffic causing an unsafe and dangerous situation for me my family and the other vehicles in the traffic. To date the dealer or Kia has found the problem. The car was in motion (50 mph or less) city streets or road and not turning, in moderate to heavy traffic.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Feb 062015

Forte

Car would not come out of park. I had no idea at the time what the issue could be because in the Kia owners manual it does not state that once the brake lights go out, you can not take it out of park. Car would not go into gear until I used the shift lock release to take it out of gear. Drove it home and found a blown fuze (brake light fuse).. replaced it and drove fine (while it was doing this the electrical suspension light came on also). Fast forward 7 days, was driving out of town and the suspension light came on while driving down the expressway and I knew then the issue was back. Sure enough. Had to take it to a Kia dealership out of town.. they replaced my fuze, brake light bulb and brake light assembly switch. Fast forward a week and a half and the problem is back... Kia is telling me over $1000 and I'm not going to be guaranteed that this will fix the problem. I'm a single mother and purchased this car because I felt it would be a safe car for me and my son and now I'm stuck with a car that is not safe... no brake lights are seriously not safe at all!!!

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jul 272011

Forte 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Kia Forte. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the electronic stability control light illuminated on the instrument panel as she heard a loud noise. The vehicle began to decelerate because the brakes engaged when the electronic stability control activated. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileages were 4,100. Updated 08/31/11 update 09/09/11.

- Greenville, SC, USA