2011 Kia Forte fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Forte:

2011 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jun 062016

Forte

My 2011 Kia Forte stalls randomly while I drive it. This has happened multiple times in multiple driving situations. Two incidents happened while I was in rush hour traffic on highway 805 South in san diego California. Another incident happened while I was crossing railroad tracks leaving the marriott hotel in downtown san diego (in this instance, I had to coast the car off of the tracks -fortunately no train was coming at that time). In describing my experiences in one of these incidents, I offer the following description: On June 6, 2016, while in rush hour traffic on highway 805 in san diego California, the car just stalled. When pressing the accelerator, the motor would rev but there was no response. I had to shut the car off and restart it. Fortunately, I was able to get it started and drive to safety. Please note that I have repeatedly brought the car to the local Kia dealership in an attempt to solve the problem. They have been unable to solve the problem (yet they have charged me for services rendered). I filed my complaint with Kia corporate consumer assistance. They have asked me to bring the car into the dealership for "escalated services" three different times. Each time I think the car is repaired, then I experience another incident. The latest incident happened two weeks after my latest visit to the dealership. My wife was driving the car in downtown san diego on the night of July 8 2016. The car stalled again! my family and I feel like we are in constant danger driving this car. Yet, we need this car in conducting our family affairs. Kia corporate cannot solve this problem and we do not know how best to proceed. We feel that our safety is at stake and we are hoping that this situation can be resolved before any harm come to our family or to others experiencing similar problems. I can obtain repair documents, but I do not have them at this moment.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Mar 082012

Forte

Driving in a shopping center parking lot. Made a right turn into an alley. Vehicle then rapidly accelerated through the alley and then smashed into the tree. Can't remember if brakes were applied or not. It all happened to quickly. Kia Forte was totaled and driver was hospitalized with extensive injuries (foot broken, hand was broken, vertibrae damage) hospitalized for approx. 5 days and nursing home for approx. 10 days. Last visit to surgeon for smashed foot in 4/2013.

- North Ft. Myers, FL, USA