2011 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Forte:

2011 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Oct 282015

Took my 2011 Kia Forte into the Kia dealership today because the engine is making a ticking sound. I have had two other mechanics in recent weeks tell me it is a serious problem with the lifters and/or the pistons inside the engine. The Kia mechanic refuses to acknowledge there is a ticking sound, but in formed me the air bag sensor is malfunctioning and I will have to pay $1100 to have the air bag sensor repaired before I can sell the car. Also, my brakes will occasionally make a very loud 'thump' when I apply them, but the Kia dealer can find nothing wrong with them.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 172015

The contact owns a 2011 Kia Forte. While the vehicle was parked, the driver side shoulder air bag inadvertently deployed and the seat belt locked. The key fob was depressed at the time of deployment. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was approximately 68,000. Updated 11/12/15

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Mar 052013

In a multi hit car accident, initial 30 mph front end, then 20 mph rear hit. Seat belts did not lock, airbag did not deploy.

- Alden, NY, USA

Apr 252014

I was hit from behind in my 2011 Kia Forte at 70 mph while I was at a complete stop. My brakes did not work at all for me to stop on the road before I was pushed into an 8ft deep ditch, into big branches and my car then bounced through a huge field. My air bags did not deploy as they should have, the front of my car is dented in from the impact of the ditch and then the seatbeat did not lock up, it threw me into the steering wheel. I am very unhappy about this. This is the 3rd time I have personally heard about the airbags not deploying in a Kia and the seat belt not locking up.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Sep 102013

The contact owns a 2011 Kia Forte. The contact stated that while sitting at a complete stop, another vehicle traveling 60 mph crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The impact caused the contact's vehicle to be pushed forward at approximately two hundred feet and into the rear of another vehicle. The driver's side head rest and metal bar became separated upon impact. The contact suffered from whiplash, neck strains, and lacerations to the lower back and right leg. A police report was filed. In addition, the driver and passenger's side air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 35,000.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Nov 092012

I was stopped on the freeway and rear ended then pushed into a pkup in front of me and my airbags did not deploy. My vehicle ended up being totaled out due to the extensive rear and front end damage. The car that hit me was skidding and traveling at approx 30-35 mph.

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 022011

I was involved in a head-on collision in which I was only traveling 20 mph. Both the front driver airbag and the driver's side curtain airbag both deployed. After the accident, I realized that the seat behind me had unlatched and my son's booster car seat was thrown from its place. Needless to say, he wasn't buckled in; he was at school. Nevertheless, I think that this malfunction could have potentially seriously hurt my son. The car was deemed at total loss and I will not purchase this vehicle again.

- Pomona, CA, USA