2011 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Seat Belts

NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2011 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Forte:

2011 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jun 022015

Forte

Front passenger seat belts click as though they are connected properly, but the buckle does not stay connected and disconnects during normal use, stationary, in motion, turning or going straight.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Mar 052013

Forte

In a multi hit car accident, initial 30 mph front end, then 20 mph rear hit. Seat belts did not lock, airbag did not deploy.

- Alden, NY, USA

Apr 252014

Forte

I was hit from behind in my 2011 Kia Forte at 70 mph while I was at a complete stop. My brakes did not work at all for me to stop on the road before I was pushed into an 8ft deep ditch, into big branches and my car then bounced through a huge field. My air bags did not deploy as they should have, the front of my car is dented in from the impact of the ditch and then the seatbeat did not lock up, it threw me into the steering wheel. I am very unhappy about this. This is the 3rd time I have personally heard about the airbags not deploying in a Kia and the seat belt not locking up.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA